Get the ‘Laneige’ look for less! This $5 lip mask is just like the $31 cult beauty favourite

We’re all for spending a bit of money on quality products that will take good care of our skin, but sometimes we just can’t justify the expense – especially when there are more affordable options available.

And who doesn’t love a beauty bargain? After all, why spend more when you can get the same product for less? That’s why we get excited when we discover budget-friendly dupes for popular high-end items!

A lip mask dupe for a hugely popular beauty item is the talk of the internet right now.

Laneige is a popular Korean beauty brand that has taken the world by storm in recent years. Their unique approach to skincare and makeup has made them a strong favourite among beauty enthusiasts.

Unfortunately, their products come with a bit of a high price tag.

20210127_final_lip-sleeping-mask_pdp_thumbnail_03_pc_1.jpg
People swear by Laneige’s lip sleeping mask formula. Credit: Laneige

If you’re a fan of this high-end beauty brand, but don’t like the price tag that comes with it, fret not! Recently a $4.99 lip mask from Chemist Warehouse has been making waves online, with people claiming it’s an ‘exact dupe’ of the Laneige $31 cult classic.

The strawberry-scented 'Sweet Dreams' mask is filled with vitamin E, aloe vera, and grape seed oil to soften and moisturise your lips. It can be used as an overnight sleeping mask or just as a gloss, and it has quickly become a choice pick among Aussie beauty lovers.

Don’t want to take our word for it? Check out Chemist Warehouse’s promo video here:

The budget item has gained a massive following and has left some fans heartbroken after the secret was revealed since it is already difficult to find in stores.

‘Nooo, don’t make it sell out, I have been gatekeeping it.’ Someone commented on Chemist Warehouse’s TikTok page.

Another beauty lover said: ‘It’s been sold out forever.’

It also appears that more and more shoppers recently found the Chemist Warehouse alternative to Laneige’s cult beauty classic – and they couldn't be happier.

Many fans of the dupe swarmed the comments section. One woman urged the chemist store to release the lip mask in all of their stores. Another beauty influencer wrote: ‘This is even better than Laneige! I’m using mine sparingly because they’re always sold out now!’

w7.jpg
This viral w7 lip mask dupe could rival Laneige’s product. Credit: Chemist Warehouse

Praise for w7’s formula also filled Chemist Warehouse’s page. One user wrote: ‘I read up about this and what the hype was all about and now I completely understand why! This product is absolutely a little pot indulgence, without the indulgent price tag! It’s thick and luxurious, however, you can wear it during the day! It smells like strawberry heaven.’

Another one mentioned that the product ‘does the same’ as the more expensive brands. ‘It’s truly a little secret that is now out there, so get onto it.’ They urged.

Key Takeaways

• A $4.99 lip mask from Chemist Warehouse has been dubbed an 'exact dupe' for the popular $31 Laneige beauty buy.
  • The budget buy has become viral, and fans are 'devastated' that the secret is out because it's selling out everywhere.
  • The versatile product can be used as an overnight sleeping mask or just as a gloss.
  • ‘I find this to be similar, even (dare I say) better than Laneige. I just use it as a lip balm,’ one woman said.

If you're looking for an affordable way to get your hands on high-end beauty items, Chemist Warehouse is your go-to! Are you keen on trying this item out, dear members? Let us know if you manage to get your hands on this lip mask!

Sponsored
What the H*** is a lip mask? I'm so glad that I don't wear makeup and that my cleansing routine consists of soap and water only! I'd be broke if I tried to keep up with all the must haves, gloop, lotions and potions all designed to make me look like...me!:rolleyes:

Same with me, l hardly ever put make-up near my skin and usually only use aloe vera products as moisturisers.

Reactions: Ricci