Former child actor Marc Gilpin passes away at 56

Life can become challenging as we age, and we may face various medical issues that cause pain and difficulty. One such devastating disease that affects many people is cancer.

We were saddened by the news of former child actor Marc Gilpin's passing recently. At the tender age of 56, he lost his life after showing incredible courage while battling cancer—a poignant reminder of the far-reaching impact of this illness on countless lives.

Marc was a well-known Hollywood child actor who gained fame for portraying Sean, the younger son of Police Chief Martin Brody (Roy Scheider), in the 1978 sequel, Jaws 2.

He came from a talented family, with his sister Peri Gilpin known for her role in the hit sitcom Frasier. She confirmed the news of his untimely passing.

The Hollywood community deeply felt the loss, and Marc was cherished for his contributions to the industry. Beyond his professional success, he was also a loving father to two teenage sons.

Screen Shot 2023-08-03 at 9.03.55 AM.png
Marc Gilpin, a former child actor best known for playing young Sean Brody in Jaws 2, has died. He was 56. Credit: Facebook.

Just before his passing, Marc received a devastating diagnosis: he had two brain tumours, one centrally located and inoperable. This news was accompanied by financial difficulties and emotional stress for Marc and his family.

In response to the challenging situation, his family turned to social media to seek essential funds for the actor's medical needs. Throughout this difficult time, Marc's wife of 24 years, Kaki, remained by his side, providing loving care and support.

Their GoFundMe campaign page read: 'As if this is not enough for this family of four to endure, they are also dealing with significant financial stress.'

'Recently, Marc lost his job along with his company-paid insurance plan and has been actively pursuing new employment. Facing this medical crisis, Marc is clearly unable to gain employment at this time.'

The page added: 'His wife, Kaki, is an elementary school teacher, which is the most admirable profession but sadly also very underpaid. Given the current crisis situation they are in, Kaki has had to take FMLA time off of work to navigate all of the doctor appointments, treatments and more. Therefore, her salary is even more reduced during this period.'

Thanks to kind and generous donors, enough funds were raised to help the Gilpins through a trying time for them as a family.

Marc's journey began as an 11-year-old aspiring actor auditioning for the role of the chief's son in Jaws 2. Amidst tough competition, he beat hundreds of other hopefuls and landed the part, sharing the screen with Roy and Lorraine Gary, and Mark Gruner.

Following this success, he made appearances in other TV shows like CHiPs and Fantasy Island and even starred in the film She's Out Of Control, which turned out to be his last film role in 1989.

Credit: Binge Society.

However, Marc decided to step away from the acting industry and pursue a different path in software engineering. His talents and dedication led to his acquiring several software patents, solidifying his place in this new career.

Throughout his professional journey, he worked for a startup company and another firm, further honing his skills and making valuable contributions.

Sadly, Marc's life was cut short last week by the illness he had been battling. Despite the loss, his accomplishments as an actor and a software engineer leave behind a legacy to be remembered.

Key Takeaways

• Child actor Marc Gilpin has passed away aged 56 after a prolonged battle with cancer.
  • He faced financial difficulties after he lost his job, and his wife had to give up her employment to care for him during his health crisis.
  • Marc landed the role of the chief's son, Sean Brody, in Jaws 2 when he was just 11, beating hundreds of other young actors.
  • After stepping away from acting, Marc became a software engineer and earned several patents with the firms he worked with.

During this extremely difficult time, we extend our heartfelt sympathies to the Gilpin family and offer our condolences for their tragic loss. We hope that Marc finds peace in his rest.

We'd like to hear from all of you, our valued members. Have you had the chance to see Marc in the roles mentioned earlier? If so, which ones have been your favourites? Please share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
To young to have passed .

I remember him in Jaws but that's it .

My daughter and son were sadden yesterday with the passing of Angus Cloud

News that 25-year-old actor Angus Cloud, best known for Euphoria, had died unexpectedly on July 31 hit everyone hard. Following his family's public statement, many of Cloud's fans, friends, colleagues, and costars have taken to social media to post tributes to the actor and offer their condolences to his loved ones.

He lost his dad 2 weeks ago and took it very hard. It's come out he took his own life.

He was a very promising actor.

images.jpeg-30.jpg

Reactions: Littleboy8
Why not make this”Senior’s Memorandum Club”?
I do not want to have all the deaths in America plaguing me every day!!!!!

Reactions: Petra and ShannyN
Why not make this”Senior’s Memorandum Club”?
I do not want to have all the deaths in America plaguing me every day!!!!!
I agree this is supposed to be a bargain hunting/reporting site

i didn't join to see all the social gossip regurgitated here that I already see on 9 news and social media probably before sdc does.

its turning into a social media group with no content and YES for the wankers that will say don't like the article don't read that's not the point I say if it doesn't concern Australia and getting value for money everyday for shoppers SDC should not print these articles and close down
We have the internet all are probably members of FB read the news daily so do we need sdc to tell what we can access ourselves?

Reactions: Zoya and Petra

i didn't join to see all the social gossip regurgitated here that I already see on 9 news and social media probably before sdc does.

its turning into a social media group with no content and YES for the wankers that will say don't like the article don't read that's not the point I say if it doesn't concern Australia and getting value for money everyday for shoppers SDC should not print these articles and close down
We have the internet all are probably members of FB read the news daily so do we need sdc to tell what we can access ourselves?
Totally agree with you Shanny!!! Am thinking of stopping the SDC for all the reasons you give!

• Wow
Reactions: Petra and terri
Not all of the SDC commumity have these beliefs. Perhaps it is not the site for you, but it is for a lot of other people. Go where you feel more comfortable.
NO I wont go anywhere and don't take me to task cause you are a muppet who can't troll the net for your own info and like fb addicts rely on others to present info to you on a platter.

Reactions: Nanamar and Petra
Interestingly Jaws had a major impact on my life. I was a young teenager and never went swimming in the sea again until I was probably in my forties! Was too scared looking at any shapes in the water!

Life can become challenging as we age, and we may face various medical issues that cause pain and difficulty. One such devastating disease that affects many people is cancer.

We were saddened by the news of former child actor Marc Gilpin's passing recently. At the tender age of 56, he lost his life after showing incredible courage while battling cancer—a poignant reminder of the far-reaching impact of this illness on countless lives.

Marc was a well-known Hollywood child actor who gained fame for portraying Sean, the younger son of Police Chief Martin Brody (Roy Scheider), in the 1978 sequel, Jaws 2.

He came from a talented family, with his sister Peri Gilpin known for her role in the hit sitcom Frasier. She confirmed the news of his untimely passing.

The Hollywood community deeply felt the loss, and Marc was cherished for his contributions to the industry. Beyond his professional success, he was also a loving father to two teenage sons.

View attachment 26549
Marc Gilpin, a former child actor best known for playing young Sean Brody in Jaws 2, has died. He was 56. Credit: Facebook.

Just before his passing, Marc received a devastating diagnosis: he had two brain tumours, one centrally located and inoperable. This news was accompanied by financial difficulties and emotional stress for Marc and his family.

In response to the challenging situation, his family turned to social media to seek essential funds for the actor's medical needs. Throughout this difficult time, Marc's wife of 24 years, Kaki, remained by his side, providing loving care and support.

Their GoFundMe campaign page read: 'As if this is not enough for this family of four to endure, they are also dealing with significant financial stress.'

'Recently, Marc lost his job along with his company-paid insurance plan and has been actively pursuing new employment. Facing this medical crisis, Marc is clearly unable to gain employment at this time.'

The page added: 'His wife, Kaki, is an elementary school teacher, which is the most admirable profession but sadly also very underpaid. Given the current crisis situation they are in, Kaki has had to take FMLA time off of work to navigate all of the doctor appointments, treatments and more. Therefore, her salary is even more reduced during this period.'

Thanks to kind and generous donors, enough funds were raised to help the Gilpins through a trying time for them as a family.

Marc's journey began as an 11-year-old aspiring actor auditioning for the role of the chief's son in Jaws 2. Amidst tough competition, he beat hundreds of other hopefuls and landed the part, sharing the screen with Roy and Lorraine Gary, and Mark Gruner.

Following this success, he made appearances in other TV shows like CHiPs and Fantasy Island and even starred in the film She's Out Of Control, which turned out to be his last film role in 1989.

Credit: Binge Society.

However, Marc decided to step away from the acting industry and pursue a different path in software engineering. His talents and dedication led to his acquiring several software patents, solidifying his place in this new career.

Throughout his professional journey, he worked for a startup company and another firm, further honing his skills and making valuable contributions.

Sadly, Marc's life was cut short last week by the illness he had been battling. Despite the loss, his accomplishments as an actor and a software engineer leave behind a legacy to be remembered.

Key Takeaways

• Child actor Marc Gilpin has passed away aged 56 after a prolonged battle with cancer.
  • He faced financial difficulties after he lost his job, and his wife had to give up her employment to care for him during his health crisis.
  • Marc landed the role of the chief's son, Sean Brody, in Jaws 2 when he was just 11, beating hundreds of other young actors.
  • After stepping away from acting, Marc became a software engineer and earned several patents with the firms he worked with.

During this extremely difficult time, we extend our heartfelt sympathies to the Gilpin family and offer our condolences for their tragic loss. We hope that Marc finds peace in his rest.

We'd like to hear from all of you, our valued members. Have you had the chance to see Marc in the roles mentioned earlier? If so, which ones have been your favourites? Please share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below.

RIP!

SDC run a great website , with different forums , just skip post you don't want to read .
There are a lot of people on here who do not have FB or Insta and who have never been on there .
It's a place not only for discounts, ect, but a place to discuss various topics.
Everyone is different, what you want to read others may not, and visa versa

If it was only discounts what a boring forum it would be

Last edited:
Interestingly Jaws had a major impact on my life. I was a young teenager and never went swimming in the sea again until I was probably in my forties! Was too scared looking at any shapes in the water!
Omg I'm the same, as soon as I swim a certain distance I imagine things in the water. Jaws did this to me 🙂

NO I wont go anywhere and don't take me to task cause you are a muppet who can't troll the net for your own info and like fb addicts rely on others to present info to you on a platter.
Not everyone has the time to sit there all day searching the net. Trolling is a strong word.
You had liked Terri's post then added a snarky comment to them

Reactions: Littleboy8
There is no need for nasty comments or putting people down for what they like to read or not. I like all the different topics, whatever they might be. If you don’t like something just stroll past it, don’t put other people down for what they want to read.