Foodie shares chewable coffee cubes recipe – why drink coffee when you can EAT one?

If you’re like us who can’t live without our daily coffee fix, but don’t always have the time or ability to grab yourself a nice, hot cuppa in the morning, then this recipe is perfect for you!

Here, a foodie shares her simple and easy recipe for chewable coffee cubes.

Sounds like the perfect snack for any time of the day, eh?

6DKKlSsmTdgNrQIVmb4h1_buyQmDy1Dbnxme0glQbzLle-Gs0wczsEoqzxa1JuO-ywH4VBjtZijQr8we6jgzTOWbex5ghboCxZvwwaz46U5yKNqoYeO89oVLiJBNOMjlsrp56YBN

A foodie shares how to make chewable coffee cubes that are great as a midday pick-me-up snack. Credit: TikTok/@lilsipper_official.
Bethany Ugarte, a cookbook author from the US, says she doesn’t always have the time to make herself a cup of coffee in the morning before she goes to work or before she hits the gym.

So, she came up with a recipe to bring the coffee with her – chewable coffee cubes!

Here are the ingredients she used for the recipe:
  • 2 cups of your favourite coffee mix
  • 1 tablespoon of goat milk ghee (you can also use cow’s milk or coconut oil)
  • 2 tablespoons of grass-fed gelatin
  • ¼ cup of chocolate (optional)

You would be surprised at how simple and easy it is to make! Here’s how she did it:

First, make two cups of your favourite coffee mix, just the way you like it. Bethany used two cups of hot water and two tablespoons of organic instant coffee in hers.

Then, in a blender cup, mix the rest of the ingredients. Pour the hot coffee into the blender, along with one tablespoon of ghee (or your preferred alternative) and two tablespoons of gelatin.

According to Bethany, gelatin is key so make sure not to miss the step!

The final ingredient is completely optional but you can also add a quarter cup of your preferred chocolate into the mix for that added sweetness and chocolatey flavour.

Now all that’s left is to blend all the ingredients together until liquid-y smooth. “Try not to drink the liquid because it is actually delicious,” Bethany warns. Oops!

Once the coffee mix is all blended together, simply pour them into square silicone moulds. Refrigerate them for a few hours.

Now you don’t have to go through the hassle of having to make an entire cuppa just for that quick caffeine fix. Simply pop one of these cubes out of the tray! How good!

Several coffee lovers commented on her video, with most of them saying that they can’t wait to try the recipe at home.

“Such a great snack option. I wanna try it,” one user wrote. Another added: “This is fabulously delicious. Can't wait to make it!”

Members, what do you think? Will you try the recipe?

Sponsored
No thanks, I am not a coffee drinker all the time. I like my occasional coffee but wouldn't be bothered to go to this extent to make them especially if you put chocolate in them.

Reactions: Ricci
In the time it's taken you to do that you could have just sat down and enjoyed a good cup of coffee, who wants to chew on a coffee !!

Reactions: Liz and Ricci
It's not for me either. I'm not a great coffee drinker, I have never bought one when out and about, so I'll just sit at home with my mug of instant and be happy and content!:)