Creamy Potato Bake Recipe

There's nothing like a creamy potato bake recipe to comfort you on a cold autumn day. This dish is simple to make and can easily be adapted to your liking.
shutterstock_570014263_720.jpg
Credits: Shutterstock

Ingredients:
500g potatoes
1 onion
50g butter
200 mL cream
Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.

2. Peel and chop the potatoes into small pieces.

3. Peel and chop the onion into small pieces.

4. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.

5. Add the potatoes and onion and cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir it occasionally until the potatoes are soft.

6. Add the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potato bake is creamy and heated through.

7. Transfer the potato bake to a baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown.

8. Serve hot and enjoy!

And there you have it, a creamy and tasty potato bake. This goes nicely with any meat. Let us know if you give this recipe a go.

Sponsored
The photo that goes with this recipe does not match the method. The photo shows a 'scalloped' potato bake which are slices of potatoes. The recipe calls for the potatoes to be 'chopped small' (not even sure I know what that means, ie how small. I'm being picky I know but I hate it when the photo does not match the recipe!

Reactions: AndreaD and Ricci