SX2002

Aug 23, 2021
Adelaide
Anthem

Does anyone remember the Song Of Australia..? I remember when I was in primary school we sang it as the national anthem just after we sand God Save The Queen and I for one could never understand why it wasn't kept as our national anthem...I like it much better then what we have now and there was never a reason to change the words either.
This production is a bit over the top but listen to the words, nothing to offend anyone. And the flag mentioned does not specify a particular flag...

Screenshot_25.jpg

• Love
Reactions: LadyD
I never recall actually singing that, and barely remember it's existence as a possible anthem.
Our younger generation had enough trouble with girt.. there a few in this one that would also stump them. lol
I prefer the Seekers "I am , you are Australian" as an all encompassing anthem. :D

Does anyone remember the Song Of Australia..? I remember when I was in primary school we sang it as the national anthem just after we sand God Save The Queen and I for one could never understand why it wasn't kept as our national anthem...I like it much better then what we have now and there was never a reason to change the words either.
This production is a bit over the top but listen to the words, nothing to offend anyone. And the flag mentioned does not specify a particular flag...

View attachment 886

Nice words, I don’t know this one, thank you for sharing.

I've downloaded this and i'll spring it on the village at our Australia Day barbecue. :D

• Haha
Reactions: LadyD