Skipton

Feb 2, 2022
Tragedy!!!

Anthony Albanese was visiting a Sydney primary school, and the class was in the
middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.
The teacher asked Albo if he would like to lead the discussion on the word 'Tragedy'.
So, the Opposition Leader asked the class for an example of a 'Tragedy'….. A little boy stood up and offered:
'If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing' in the field and a tractor
runs over him and kills him, that would be a tragedy.'
'Incorrect,' said Albo. 'That would be an accident.'
A little girl raised her hand: 'If a school bus carrying fifty children drove over a cliff,
killing everybody inside, that would be a tragedy.'
'I'm afraid not', explained Albo, 'that's what we would refer to as a great loss'.
The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Albo eyes searched the room saying,
'Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?'
Finally, at the back of the room, little Johnny, raised his hand and said:
'If a plane carrying you, and Annastacia Palaszczuk, Daniel Andrews & Mark McGowan
was struck by a 'friendly fire' missile & blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy.'
'Fantastic' exclaimed Albo, 'and can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?'
'Well,', said little Johnny, 'it has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't
be a great loss, and it probably wouldn't be a bloody accident either!'