SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Teledex

Back then, we didn’t have smartphones with digital contact lists; we had the trusty Teledex. It was so simple to use; just put the little indicator on the letter, press the button on the bottom and voila, the address and phone number of the person you were looking for. I bet the younger generation would not know what we’re talking about if we mentioned Teledex. Do you remember saving addresses and telephone numbers in your Teledex? Tell us all about it in the comments below.

compressed-nostalgia.jpeg
Credits: Facebook/Australia Remember When

Remember the phone AND the Teledex. Had them both before the massive and now much smaller mobiles. But I don’t have a fancy watch that shows digital time - and I can read both digital and ordinary time. Not like comments I saw recently about the present generation not knowing how to read the time on a clock!

Remember the phone AND the Teledex. Had them both before the massive and now much smaller mobiles. But I don’t have a fancy watch that shows digital time - and I can read both digital and ordinary time. Not like comments I saw recently about the present generation not knowing how to read the time on a clock!
A couple of my daughters are primary school teachers and one of the first things they teach their own children is to tell the time they old fashion way

Love the 'old fashioned' phones.
Absolutely detest mobile phones - I only purchased one a year ago out of necessity.

I remember we had an old black phone hanging on the wall . In those early years we had no teledex as my mother knew all the phone numbers from the top of her head and my dad would call out to her what the number was he wanted.
Before we had the phone line connected , my dad had to go to the local police station , not a fancy station as they have these days , just a house with a sign police.
We were living on a farm and needed to call the vet if there were complications with calving etc.

Love the 'old fashioned' phones.
Absolutely detest mobile phones - I only purchased one a year ago out of necessity.
I love old phones and a neighbour of mine about 30 years ago was happy to have his old phone replaced , he was going to throw it away until I said I would love it.
It still works although we only used and use it as a decoration . It now sits in our hallway on a vintage small table as seen in the picture

Screenshot_20230407-112200_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Wandiwa
I love old phones and a neighbour of mine about 30 years ago was happy to have his old phone replaced , he was going to throw it away until I said I would love it.
It still works although we only used and use it as a decoration . It now sits in our hallway on a vintage small table as seen in the picture

View attachment 17047
We had the same phone, back then our phone number was only 6 digits.

I remember I had to go to my aunt house to use the phone for emergency. I also remember it was expensive to own a phone and my uncle was a high ranking government employee so they have a phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-100919_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-100919_Facebook.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 0