Teenagers play a 'classic' prank, but it's the Woolies worker's reaction that steals the show

Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we know a thing or two about what it means to have a good time. Whether it's cracking jokes or re-watching classic TV comedies, we're all about finding the humour in life.

But nothing quite compares to a good old-fashioned prank. There's something about a well-executed gag that can leave us in hysterics for hours. And when that prank takes us back to the days of our youth, well, that's just the cherry on top!

Recently, we stumbled upon a video that perfectly captures the essence of a 'classic' old-fashioned prank. It's been making its way around social media, and we're not surprised to see it's brought joy and chuckles to nearly 900,000 viewers (and counting!).

But what makes this prank so unique? The daring pranksters took on none other than a Woolworths store! Yes, you read that right – even the most unsuspecting places can become a playground for mischief-makers.

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 3.11.59 PM.png
A Woolies worker fell for a prank, resulting in an embarrassing public announcement. Credit: TikTok/outlaw_cunse1.

Picture this: two mischievous teenagers approach the customer service desk with a devious plan. The unsuspecting worker behind the desk is about to become the star of their prank – a la Bart Simpson (a fictional character in the animated television series The Simpsons) style!

With a straight face, the teens inform the worker that they have lost their younger brother and ask her to make an announcement over the store's loudspeaker. Little does the employee know; she is about to fall victim to their hilarious scheme.

As she announces the name 'Moe Lester' over the intercom, it becomes clear that the teenagers played a prank on her. The worker was left red-faced and flustered as she realised the embarrassing mistake.

But it wasn't just the success of the prank that had people talking – it was the worker's reaction that truly stole the show. When she realised she had fallen victim to the teenagers' shenanigans, she responded with an exclamation of 'You buggers' and a playful shake of what she had been holding.

The internet couldn't get enough of the worker's good-natured and quintessentially Aussie response. Users praised her for being an 'absolute champion' and admired her ability to take the joke so well. Her reaction was a refreshing reminder of the power of humour to bring people together and lighten the mood.

The comment section was flooded with love and support for the Woolworths worker, with one user proclaiming, 'Gotta love Straya' - a sentiment that was shared by many.

Key Takeaways

• A classic prank pulled by two teenagers on a Woolworths worker has gone viral on social media, leaving viewers in stitches.
  • The worker's good-natured and quintessentially Aussie response to the prank has won her the hearts of many, with users praising her for being an 'absolute champion' and appreciating her ability to take the joke so well.

Australian supermarkets have become a popular destination for pranksters and content creators looking to create viral videos. From taking over the store's intercom to announcing unbelievable deals, these stunts can be hilarious, but they can also create chaos and headaches for staff and customers alike.

A recent prank at Woolworths, in particular, caused a stir on social media. In a now-viral video, a man was seen grabbing the intercom system's microphone and announcing that everything in aisle 15 was free for the next two minutes due to a temporary breakdown of the refrigerator system.

The prank caused some shoppers to rush to aisle 15 and grab as much as they could carry, leaving a mess behind. Some shoppers were seen stacking tubs of ice cream in their arms while others filled their trolleys to the brim.

While the prank may have been done in good fun, it created more work for the supermarket staff, who had to put all the discarded items back in their proper places. Customers were also left feeling disappointed and angry when they realised that it was all a joke.

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 3.11.51 PM.png
Recently, a Woolworths supermarket was the victim of a 'cruel' prank. Credit: Woolworths.

The viral supermarket prank serves as a reminder of the power of humour to brighten our day and bring us closer together. However, it's important to remember that pranks should always be good-natured and harmless.

As the old saying goes, 'Laughter is the best medicine', and a well-executed prank can certainly bring a smile to our faces. So, the next time you're feeling mischievous, think twice before pulling a prank and ask yourself, 'Is this really done in good fun?'

Have you ever been the victim of a prank? What was your reaction? Have you ever pulled a prank that went wrong? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Many years ago I was on Service Desk at Big W and especially on a Thursday night young lads would come in and ask for me to call their friend "Mike Hunt". They were never successful LOL I had seen the movie "Porky's" many time ;)

Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we know a thing or two about what it means to have a good time. Whether it's cracking jokes or re-watching classic TV comedies, we're all about finding the humour in life.

But nothing quite compares to a good old-fashioned prank. There's something about a well-executed gag that can leave us in hysterics for hours. And when that prank takes us back to the days of our youth, well, that's just the cherry on top!

Recently, we stumbled upon a video that perfectly captures the essence of a 'classic' old-fashioned prank. It's been making its way around social media, and we're not surprised to see it's brought joy and chuckles to nearly 900,000 viewers (and counting!).

But what makes this prank so unique? The daring pranksters took on none other than a Woolworths store! Yes, you read that right – even the most unsuspecting places can become a playground for mischief-makers.

View attachment 19325
A Woolies worker fell for a prank, resulting in an embarrassing public announcement. Credit: TikTok/outlaw_cunse1.

Picture this: two mischievous teenagers approach the customer service desk with a devious plan. The unsuspecting worker behind the desk is about to become the star of their prank – a la Bart Simpson (a fictional character in the animated television series The Simpsons) style!

With a straight face, the teens inform the worker that they have lost their younger brother and ask her to make an announcement over the store's loudspeaker. Little does the employee know; she is about to fall victim to their hilarious scheme.

As she announces the name 'Moe Lester' over the intercom, it becomes clear that the teenagers played a prank on her. The worker was left red-faced and flustered as she realised the embarrassing mistake.

But it wasn't just the success of the prank that had people talking – it was the worker's reaction that truly stole the show. When she realised she had fallen victim to the teenagers' shenanigans, she responded with an exclamation of 'You buggers' and a playful shake of what she had been holding.

The internet couldn't get enough of the worker's good-natured and quintessentially Aussie response. Users praised her for being an 'absolute champion' and admired her ability to take the joke so well. Her reaction was a refreshing reminder of the power of humour to bring people together and lighten the mood.

The comment section was flooded with love and support for the Woolworths worker, with one user proclaiming, 'Gotta love Straya' - a sentiment that was shared by many.

Key Takeaways

• A classic prank pulled by two teenagers on a Woolworths worker has gone viral on social media, leaving viewers in stitches.
  • The worker's good-natured and quintessentially Aussie response to the prank has won her the hearts of many, with users praising her for being an 'absolute champion' and appreciating her ability to take the joke so well.

Australian supermarkets have become a popular destination for pranksters and content creators looking to create viral videos. From taking over the store's intercom to announcing unbelievable deals, these stunts can be hilarious, but they can also create chaos and headaches for staff and customers alike.

A recent prank at Woolworths, in particular, caused a stir on social media. In a now-viral video, a man was seen grabbing the intercom system's microphone and announcing that everything in aisle 15 was free for the next two minutes due to a temporary breakdown of the refrigerator system.

The prank caused some shoppers to rush to aisle 15 and grab as much as they could carry, leaving a mess behind. Some shoppers were seen stacking tubs of ice cream in their arms while others filled their trolleys to the brim.

While the prank may have been done in good fun, it created more work for the supermarket staff, who had to put all the discarded items back in their proper places. Customers were also left feeling disappointed and angry when they realised that it was all a joke.

View attachment 19326
Recently, a Woolworths supermarket was the victim of a 'cruel' prank. Credit: Woolworths.

The viral supermarket prank serves as a reminder of the power of humour to brighten our day and bring us closer together. However, it's important to remember that pranks should always be good-natured and harmless.

As the old saying goes, 'Laughter is the best medicine', and a well-executed prank can certainly bring a smile to our faces. So, the next time you're feeling mischievous, think twice before pulling a prank and ask yourself, 'Is this really done in good fun?'

Have you ever been the victim of a prank? What was your reaction? Have you ever pulled a prank that went wrong? Let us know in the comments below!

Years ago I was in a Darwin supermarket and saw they were selling camel roast, true, so there was a young worker standing there and I asked him if the roast came with 2 humps he looked at the single roast and started to move the meat around I told him I would like 2 humps so he said he would get the manager, I then told the manager I wanted 2 humps and the manager said it looked like they had none left he then looked over my shoulder and I turned around to find this guy doubled over with laughter which made me smile at the 2 workers who by this time their faces lit up like red light bulbs. Finished up we all had a laugh.

View attachment 19325

Key Takeaways

View attachment 19326

Years ago I was in a Darwin supermarket and saw they were selling camel roast, true, so there was a young worker standing there and I asked him if the roast came with 2 humps he looked at the single roast and started to move the meat around I told him I would like 2 humps so he said he would get the manager, I then told the manager I wanted 2 humps and the manager said it looked like they had none left he then looked over my shoulder and I turned around to find this guy doubled over with laughter which made me smile at the 2 workers who by this time their faces lit up like red light bulbs. Finished up we all had a laugh.
As a teenager, I worked in an office. Several of us put our heads together on April 1 and left a message for a fellow worker who was out at the time. The message said a Mr Peacock had called and left his phone number for a return call. It just happened that it was the number of the Botanical Gardens where a number of the birds were housed. We knew the man was a good sport though he did threaten to wring our necks.

• Haha
Reactions: Jarred Santos
Mike Hunt is probably feeling neglected.
That is to say, Mike Hunt could use some action :ROFLMAO:
As a teenager, I worked in an office. Several of us put our heads together on April 1 and left a message for a fellow worker who was out at the time. The message said a Mr Peacock had called and left his phone number for a return call. It just happened that it was the number of the Botanical Gardens where a number of the birds were housed. We knew the man was a good sport though he did threaten to wring our necks.
The face he must have pulled when answering a call looking for 'Mr Peacock' :LOL:

When I worked in an office we rang the Santa line and I put the call through to my boss. He loved it!