SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #478 - 15/09/2024

Question 1: Which company is known for developing the Android mobile operating system?

Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google. It is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open source software, designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.

Question 2: How many time zones does Russia have?

Russia is the world's largest country by land area, spanning across 11 time zones from its European part to the easternmost regions in Asia. This vast expanse covers a wide range of geographical and cultural diversity.

Question 3: What is the strongest known magnet in the Universe?

Salvador Dali was a prominent artist of the Surrealist movement, known for his striking and bizarre dreamlike images. Surrealism sought to unleash the creative potential of the unconscious mind, often resulting in strange, illogical scenes.

Question 4: Which psychologist is known for his theory of psychosexual development?

Sigmund Freud, the Austrian neurologist and founder of psychoanalysis, proposed a theory of psychosexual development that suggests personality develops during childhood through five stages: oral, anal, phallic, latent, and genital.

Question 5: Where is Batman's secret hideout located?

Batman's secret headquarters, the Batcave, is typically depicted as being located beneath Wayne Manor, the personal residence of Batman's alter ego, Bruce Wayne. The cave serves as a command center for Batman's crime-fighting operations and houses his vehicles, equipment, and memorabilia collection.

Question 6: When was the philosophy of Stoicism founded?

Stoicism was founded by Zeno of Citium in Athens in the early 3rd century BCE. The Stoics taught that virtue, the highest good, is based on knowledge and that the wise live in harmony with the divine Reason (also identified with Fate and Providence) that governs nature.

Question 7: Where did the Bay of Pigs Invasion take place in 1961?

The Bay of Pigs Invasion was a failed CIA-sponsored invasion of Cuba by Cuban exiles in April 1961, intended to overthrow Fidel Castro's communist government. The invasion was quickly defeated by Cuban forces.

Question 8: What is the world's longest continental mountain range?

The Andes is the longest continental mountain range in the world, stretching over 7,000 km along the western edge of South America. The range spans seven countries: Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, and Argentina.

Question 9: In which musical would you find the song "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"?

"Don't Cry for Me Argentina" is a famous song from the musical Evita, which tells the life story of Eva Perón, the second wife of Argentine President Juan Perón. The song is sung by the character of Eva, reflecting on her life and role as Argentina's First Lady.

Question 10: Who is considered the 'father of genetics'?

Gregor Mendel, an Austrian monk, is known as the 'father of genetics' for his pioneering work on the inheritance of traits in pea plants. His experiments laid the foundation for our modern understanding of genetics.

You got answers correct

Reactions: MelanieJune
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #478
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
Q1 🙄No idea. I only have 🍏🍏🍏… Didn’t Isaac Asimov invent androids?
Q3 🤔Impressionist art is the most attractive. It pulls in the biggest crowds.🧲
😸

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #478
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥

Well it could possibly have been 10/10, and I know the correct answer - Neodymium (Nd)Magnets 🙄
But low and behold I got #5 ✅….a superhero question I got it correct…yah…I have learnt something 😊😊😊

Was the proof reader pissed again?​

Question 3: What is the strongest known magnet in the Universe?​

A. Abstract Expressionism
B. Surrealism
C. Cubism
D. Impressionism

While I'm aware that the differing forms of painting have a certain magnitude to it's followers, I wasn't aware that any of them superseded Magnetars

Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Surrealism?? is the strongest magnet in the universe.
I didn't know that a style of painting was so powerful that it is a PLANET DESTROYER.
Thanks SDC, your teachings are more powerful than Supa Nova's.
Q1&2, not a clue. 😾 😾
But still a lucky 80%.

Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Surrealism?? is the strongest magnet in the universe.
I didn't know that a style of painting was so powerful that it is a PLANET DESTROYER.
Thanks SDC, your teachings are more powerful than Supa Nova's.
Q1&2, not a clue. 😾 😾
But still a lucky 80%.
It’s been a POWERful weekend! 🤩 Port won! And of course don’t forget the Powerful smile of M*na L*sa. 🥳😸😸😸🍷🍾