SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #44 - 08/07/2023

Question 1: How many different weather fronts are there?

There are four main types of weather fronts: cold fronts, warm fronts, stationary fronts, and occluded fronts. Each represents the boundary between two different air masses and can bring various types of weather conditions.

Question 2: Which famous artist painted the work titled "The Persistence of Memory?"

"The Persistence of Memory" is a famous surrealist painting created in 1931 by Salvador Dalí. It is best known for its melting clocks, which are thought to be a representation of the fluidity of time.

Question 3: Why is the flu shot recommended annually?

The flu virus strains change and evolve each year, making it necessary to develop a new vaccine to target the most prevalent strains each season.

Question 4: Why are koalas' fingerprints nearly indistinguishable from humans?

Convergent evolution is the process in which two unrelated species independently evolve similar traits to adapt to similar environments or ecological niches. In the case of koalas, their fingerprints help them grip branches and pick leaves effectively.

Question 5: How many officially recognized regional or minority languages are there in Australia?

Australia officially recognizes Auslan (Australia Sign Language) and Murrinh-patha as regional or minority languages. Australia is also home to numerous Indigenous languages, but unfortunately, many are endangered due to low numbers of speakers.

Question 6: What is the first book of the Old Testament in the Bible?

Genesis narrates the creation of the world by God and the origins of humanity, including the stories of Adam and Eve, and Noah's Ark. It is the first of the five books known as the Pentateuch, which form the foundation of the Jewish and Christian scriptures.

Question 7: When referring to Greek mythology, who is known as the god of wine, winemaking, and grape cultivation?

Dionysus is the youngest of the Olympian gods. He is also known as the god of fertility, ritual madness, and religious ecstasy. Dionysus is often depicted with grapevines and is a patron of the arts, theatre, and agriculture.

Question 8: Why is the song "Waltzing Matilda" significant in Australian culture?

"Waltzing Matilda," composed by Banjo Paterson in 1895, is a well-known Australian bush ballad that tells the story of a swagman ("waltzing" with his "Matilda," a term for his swag or bedroll). It has become emblematic of the Australian spirit and identity.

Question 9: Where did the legend of the Bunyip originate?

The Bunyip is a mythical creature from Australian Aboriginal folklore. It's believed to live in swampy regions and rivers throughout the Australian continent. Traditional stories describe it as a terrifying monster.

Question 10: Where was the Pythagorean theorem first developed?

The Pythagorean theorem was developed by the ancient Greek mathematician Pythagoras around 500 B.C. It is a fundamental principle in Euclidean geometry that states that the square of the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.

You got answers correct

These were my kind of questions . I nearly called my last son Dionysis.
Question 5. Australia has two recognised languages being English and sign language, but I'm sure there are over 200 recognised Aboriginal languages

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #44
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Reactions: burlighs
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #44
Question 4: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #44
Question 4: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Question 2: 🟥

I find that when I click on the answer, I keep getting ads load for D Shop, carpets and mats, etc. I have tried clicking on all different parts of the answer box but the pop-ups still come up. How do I stop this happening - any suggestions?

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #44
Question 3: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥

I hope everyone is being legit and not searching the internet for answers.

Question 1: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥