SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #286 - 07/03/2024

Question 1: How many versions of the painting "The Scream" did Edvard Munch create?

Edvard Munch created four versions of "The Scream" between 1893 and 1910. The iconic image is known for its expression of existential angst and despair. Two versions are in paint and two in pastels, and they are displayed in various museums, including the National Gallery in Oslo.

Question 2: Which note is not a part of the C major triad?

A C major triad is made up of the notes C, E, and G. E♭ is not part of the C major triad; instead, E♭ would make it a C minor triad.

Question 3: What is the name of the musical interval between C and G?

The interval between C and G is a perfect fifth, which spans seven half-steps in the Western music theory and is one of the most consonant and stable intervals. It forms the basis of many musical chords and is a cornerstone in the idea of harmony.

Question 4: What is the smallest independent country in the world by area?

Vatican City is an independent city-state enclaved within Rome, Italy. With an area of about 44 hectares (110 acres) and a population of around 800, it is the smallest state in the world by both area and population.

Question 5: Which country has a maple leaf on its flag?

The maple leaf is an iconic symbol of Canada and prominently features on its national flag, which is often simply referred to as the "Maple Leaf." The flag was officially adopted on February 15, 1965.

Question 6: Which country is known for the traditional Maori haka dance?

The haka is a traditional war dance with roots in Maori culture. It is often performed by New Zealand's sports teams before games, particularly by the national rugby team, the All Blacks. The haka has various versions, intended for different occasions, including welcoming distinguished guests and acknowledging great achievements, occasions or funerals.

Question 7: How long did the trial of O.J. Simpson last, known as the "Trial of the Century"?

The O.J. Simpson murder trial began on January 24, 1995, and the jury returned the not guilty verdict on October 3, 1995. It lasted 9 months, becoming one of the longest trials in American history, with intense media coverage throughout.

Question 8: Who was the general in command of the Union armies at the end of the American Civil War?

Ulysses S. Grant was appointed as commander of all Union armies in March 1864 and famously led them to victory over the Confederate States, culminating in Robert E. Lee's surrender at Appomattox Court House in April 1865. Grant later became the 18th president of the United States.

Question 9: Where was famous physicist Albert Einstein born?

Albert Einstein was born on March 14, 1879, in the small city of Ulm in the Kingdom of Württemberg, which was then a part of the German Empire. He later moved with his family to Munich and eventually settled in Switzerland before becoming a leading figure in the development of theoretical physics.

Question 10: In the United States, what is the name for the set of rights read to a person upon arrest?

Miranda Rights are based on the 1966 U.S. Supreme Court case Miranda v. Arizona, ensuring that arrested individuals are aware of their rights to silence and counsel prior to police questioning. They have become a critical element of procedure to protect a suspect's Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination.

You got answers correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #286
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

Got the 2 musical Q's wrong
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #286
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #286
Question 3: 🟩

80%……Read the questions properly, before jumping in with the answer…..I can hear those words clearly from Mr Garrett!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: magpie1 and steelo5
I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #286
Question 8: 🟥
Musical questions always difficult but i have no excuse for the rest. :unsure: :)

Reactions: magpie1
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #286

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #286
Question 7: 🟥

Reactions: magpie1
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #286

How embarrassing. I played the organ for 5 years as a child. Clearly, I've forgotten everything about musical notes. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Bullwinkle
Well my successful run comes to and end with 5 today.....back in the LOSERS Club.....it was only a matter of time......🤣😉

• Haha
Reactions: Bullwinkle
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #286