SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #255 - 05/02/2024

Question 1: Which gas is the most prevalent in Earth's atmosphere?

Nitrogen makes up about 78% of the Earth's atmosphere. Oxygen is the second most abundant gas, while carbon dioxide, although essential to life on Earth, is only present in trace amounts compared to nitrogen and oxygen.

Question 2: What year was the iPhone first introduced?

Steve Jobs, co-founder and then-CEO of Apple Inc., unveiled the first iPhone on January 9, 2007, during an Apple keynote address at the Macworld Conference & Expo in San Francisco. It was later released to the public on June 29, 2007. Since then, the iPhone has significantly influenced the smartphone industry and mobile technology.

Question 3: Where is the fictional nation of Wakanda located?

Wakanda is a fictional East African nation in the Marvel Comics universe, known for being exceptionally advanced and the sole source of the metal vibranium. It's famously the homeland of the superhero Black Panther.

Question 4: Where was the first permanent IMAX theater opened?

The world's first permanent IMAX theater was opened in Toronto, Canada, at Ontario Place's Cinesphere in 1971. IMAX technology has its origins in EXPO '67 in Montreal, Canada.

Question 5: Which country won the first FIFA World Cup?

Uruguay won the inaugural FIFA World Cup in 1930, which they also hosted. The final match was against Argentina, and Uruguay came from behind to win 4-2 in front of a crowd of 93,000 people in Montevideo.

Question 6: What holiday celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ according to Christian belief?

Easter is the culmination of the Passion of Jesus, preceded by Lent, a 40-day period of fasting, prayer, and penance. The date of Easter varies between March 22 and April 25, following the cycle of the moon.

Question 7: What is the longest-running American television series?

"The Simpsons" first aired on December 17, 1989, and is widely regarded as the longest-running American scripted primetime television series. As of my knowledge cutoff date, it has surpassed 30 seasons and continues to be produced.

Question 8: Where did the musical "Cats" have its world premiere?

"Cats" had its world premiere in London's West End at the New London Theatre on May 11, 1981. It was composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber and is based on "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats" by T. S. Eliot.

Question 9: What is the name of the famous sculpture created by Auguste Rodin which depicts a man in deep contemplation?

"The Thinker" originally represented Dante at the gates of Hell, pondering his epic poem. It has since become a symbol of philosophy and deep thought. The sculpture was one of Rodin's most celebrated works and has numerous castings found around the world.

Question 10: Who is known as the father of modern taxonomy?

Carl Linnaeus, a Swedish botanist, physician, and zoologist, established the binomial nomenclature, the modern system of naming organisms. His work in the 18th century is considered a pivotal moment in biology, laying the foundations for the systematic classification of living things.

You got answers correct

Who would have thought that watching Dobie Gilles would pay off one day. 8/10

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #255.....better than my 5's & 6's!
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Reactions: steelo5
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #255
Question 3: 🟥

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #255
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩

Reactions: Veggiepatch
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥

Reactions: steelo5
I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #255
Question 8: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥
Its a worry when you start thinking 5 is a not a bad score.:)

• Haha
Reactions: magpie1
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #255
Question 4: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
😁

Question 8: 🟥

Slip sliding away. LOL

Well slipped back one to a 6 today...phew, just so close now to being back in that LOSERS Club. 😂😨🤣