Prepare to be gobsmacked: Liberal party unveils the MOST BIZARRE election ad to date!

The Liberal Party have released a new commercial featuring an animated Anthony Albanese squabbling with himself, parodying the iconic character Gollum from the Lord of the Rings – and it’ll either leave you with one eye open at night or rolling on the floor laughing… There’s no in-between.

The Liberal Party commercial claimed that the Labor leader isn't being sincere about his policy positions.

The ad was launched after Mr Albanese stormed to victory following the final leaders' debate on Wednesday night. The debate came after a new poll published in The Australian newspaper predicted that Labor will win a small majority with 80 seats.

An animated Mr Albanese quarrels with several versions of himself over coal, taxes, and pay rises in the clip titled: 'The Lord of the Flip-Flops: The Return of the Taxes'.

“Morrison is keeping his precious ($1 an hour pay rise) away from Australian workers. He's being tricksy,” the animated Labor leader says.

fa6RgBsoAZoNHHwclumVtkiOnOa1DcOGTQMYpTn3LIF9WhqPSdpUGvp9iPckIWnI0x0QatVQK4wII1-vG8wNGMQqNgY694wk85dnpRUvipQJlaw7oaZNkW7nJU_jH1kAnrtp5aI2r7yGMid5GA

Image Credit: Liberal Party of Australia

The ad starts off with Mr Albanese creepily muttering: “We will tax all of them, so much money” before being interrupted by his soft-hearted alter-ego. This is in reference to Gollum's previous identity Smeagol, who was known to be sweet and joyful up until he was corrupted by the ring which inevitably makes their users greedy.

“I want their money,” Gollum Mr Albanese declared.

“No, you can't tell them. It's the only way we get precious votes,” Smeagol Mr Albanese responded.

The Labor leader went on to continue bickering with himself about his 'fully costed policies' before putting on a miner's helmet.
“Coal is so good. It gets us precious in the Queensland,” Mr Albanese said.

“Use your head, there are precious votes in Melbourne,” his alter-ego hisses, wearing a trendy hat and holding a cup of coffee in one hand to portray a person from the city.

8aNFpyoBLoIzXTrKti8xyZRjmRUpLXdJtrBat1c6FyuwKue4ga8ASaeUAXpMsTmHnuP0n1ztwnB_DXdQIkniimEku_0F90QO3Nao99eDqtLY51cMa-vRb7_hv4HuPJXj_VzqpHylmD_rl4TYkQ
I2uWCp3aCwD_rorGnPGlDEURRb4g-Hgs-nhEsZ3vnkaDdH6IiAc02daByj-uh0HOuI67h3l-UTGyYez7L5ubpyRFaD2vlzvzI3zezFy4YGXP6IcqXYPCHxvEzryMCNa6eSMA_iPxb6EgurxuvA

“We just tell them both what they want to hear.”

Then, they proceed to mock Labor's inconsistencies on JobKeeper, with Gollum Mr Albanese saying “We changed so many times”.

“Whatever we says to win votes.” the other Mr Albanese said, in the exact lingo that the Lord of the Rings character commonly speaks.

‘Mr Albanese’ then accuses himself of standing for nothing and being 'too weak', before having a complete meltdown.

The commercial ends with Gollum reading: “It won't be easy under Albanese”.

Plenty of users in the comments section of the video were predictably one-sided – appalled by the Liberal Party’s decision to release the parody.

“Now I understand why Scomo was sacked from Tourism Australia…” one man said, referring to Mr Morrison's departure from the board in 2006.

“It's an honest shame that Australia's political environment is like this. It's a great example of not ‘the lesser of two evils’, but ‘the evil of two lessers.’” another person added.

But the majority just found the clip bizarre, with one person saying: “This is a really weird ad.”

“Love them or hate them, this is gold.” commented a second.

“I wish I could unsee the last 1 and a half minutes.” teased one more.

But this isn’t the first time Mr Albanese has been involved in cheeky jokes. One SDC member, @terrible, previously posted a hilarious joke about him in the forum and we just had to include it for you to see. It goes like this:

Our hopeful future PM, Albo walked into a bank to cash a cheque. When he’s called over to the teller, he says, “Good morning, could you please cash this cheque for me?”

The teller replied, “It would be my pleasure, sir. Could you please show me your ID?”

Albo said, “Truthfully, I didn’t bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I’m the leader of the Labor Party of Australia.”

The teller said, “Yes sir, I know who you are... but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors, forgers, and requirements of the legislation etc, I must insist on seeing ID.”

Albo said, “Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they’ll tell you. Everybody knows who I am.”

The teller said, “I’m sorry, Mr Albonese, but these are the bank rules, and I must follow them”

Getting a bit agitated, Albo snapped, “C'mon woman, I’m urging you, please, to cash this cheque…”

The teller said, “Look Mr Albonese, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove that he was Tiger Woods, he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot, we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque.”

“Another time, Patrick Rafter came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot, we cashed his cheque. So, Mr Albonese, what can you do to prove that it is you, and only you?"

Albo stands there thinking, and thinking, and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank... there’s nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do... and I don't have a clue."

With a big smile, the teller said, "Will that be large or small notes, Mr Albonese?”

We couldn’t help but burst into fits of laughter after reading this one! Again, thank you so much for the joke, @terrible!

But kidding aside, What are your thoughts on this Lord of the Rings parody? Share them with us in the comments.

If you want to see the full video, you may watch it below:

Video Credit: Liberal Party of Australia

Sponsored
How much money is being spent on crappy political propaganda?? Grow up and have constuctive information. Do we really need sledging or do we need solutions? Libs have noses out of joint after debates and poll predictions favour Labor..

Prepare to be gobsmacked: Liberal party unveils the MOST BIZARRE election ad to date!

The Liberal Party have released a new commercial featuring an animated Anthony Albanese squabbling with himself, parodying the iconic character Gollum from the Lord of the Rings – and it’ll either leave you with one eye open at night or rolling on the floor laughing… There’s no in-between.

The Liberal Party commercial claimed that the Labor leader isn't being sincere about his policy positions.

The ad was launched after Mr Albanese stormed to victory following the final leaders' debate on Wednesday night. The debate came after a new poll published in The Australian newspaper predicted that Labor will win a small majority with 80 seats.

An animated Mr Albanese quarrels with several versions of himself over coal, taxes, and pay rises in the clip titled: 'The Lord of the Flip-Flops: The Return of the Taxes'.

“Morrison is keeping his precious ($1 an hour pay rise) away from Australian workers. He's being tricksy,” the animated Labor leader says.

fa6RgBsoAZoNHHwclumVtkiOnOa1DcOGTQMYpTn3LIF9WhqPSdpUGvp9iPckIWnI0x0QatVQK4wII1-vG8wNGMQqNgY694wk85dnpRUvipQJlaw7oaZNkW7nJU_jH1kAnrtp5aI2r7yGMid5GA

The ad starts off with Mr Albanese creepily muttering: “We will tax all of them, so much money” before being interrupted by his soft-hearted alter-ego. This is in reference to Gollum's previous identity Smeagol, who was known to be sweet and joyful up until he was corrupted by the ring which inevitably makes their users greedy.

“No, you can't tell them. It's the only way we get precious votes,” Smeagol Mr Albanese responded.

The Labor leader went on to continue bickering with himself about his 'fully costed policies' before putting on a miner's helmet.

“Use your head, there are precious votes in Melbourne,” his alter-ego hisses, wearing a trendy hat and holding a cup of coffee in one hand to portray a person from the city.

8aNFpyoBLoIzXTrKti8xyZRjmRUpLXdJtrBat1c6FyuwKue4ga8ASaeUAXpMsTmHnuP0n1ztwnB_DXdQIkniimEku_0F90QO3Nao99eDqtLY51cMa-vRb7_hv4HuPJXj_VzqpHylmD_rl4TYkQ
I2uWCp3aCwD_rorGnPGlDEURRb4g-Hgs-nhEsZ3vnkaDdH6IiAc02daByj-uh0HOuI67h3l-UTGyYez7L5ubpyRFaD2vlzvzI3zezFy4YGXP6IcqXYPCHxvEzryMCNa6eSMA_iPxb6EgurxuvA

Then, they proceed to mock Labor's inconsistencies on JobKeeper, with Gollum Mr Albanese saying “We changed so many times”.

“Whatever we says to win votes.” the other Mr Albanese said, in the exact lingo that the Lord of the Rings character commonly speaks.

‘Mr Albanese’ then accuses himself of standing for nothing and being 'too weak', before having a complete meltdown.

Plenty of users in the comments section of the video were predictably one-sided – appalled by the Liberal Party’s decision to release the parody.

“Now I understand why Scomo was sacked from Tourism Australia…” one man said, referring to Mr Morrison's departure from the board in 2006.

“It's an honest shame that Australia's political environment is like this. It's a great example of not ‘the lesser of two evils’, but ‘the evil of two lessers.’” another person added.

But the majority just found the clip bizarre, with one person saying: “This is a really weird ad.”

But this isn’t the first time Mr Albanese has been involved in cheeky jokes. One SDC member, @terrible, previously posted a hilarious joke about him in the forum and we just had to include it for you to see. It goes like this:

Our hopeful future PM, Albo walked into a bank to cash a cheque. When he’s called over to the teller, he says, “Good morning, could you please cash this cheque for me?”

The teller replied, “It would be my pleasure, sir. Could you please show me your ID?”

Albo said, “Truthfully, I didn’t bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I’m the leader of the Labor Party of Australia.”

The teller said, “Yes sir, I know who you are... but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors, forgers, and requirements of the legislation etc, I must insist on seeing ID.”

Albo said, “Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they’ll tell you. Everybody knows who I am.”

The teller said, “I’m sorry, Mr Albonese, but these are the bank rules, and I must follow them”

Getting a bit agitated, Albo snapped, “C'mon woman, I’m urging you, please, to cash this cheque…”

The teller said, “Look Mr Albonese, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove that he was Tiger Woods, he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot, we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque.”

“Another time, Patrick Rafter came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot, we cashed his cheque. So, Mr Albonese, what can you do to prove that it is you, and only you?"

Albo stands there thinking, and thinking, and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank... there’s nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do... and I don't have a clue."

With a big smile, the teller said, "Will that be large or small notes, Mr Albonese?”

We couldn’t help but burst into fits of laughter after reading this one! Again, thank you so much for the joke, @terrible!

But kidding aside, What are your thoughts on this Lord of the Rings parody? Share them with us in the comments.

Sco-Mo is worried and he should be he has fail the aged care, destroyed Medicare ,public hospitals and schools and pump's billions into private sector 4%unemployment, an unemployed person has to do 1 hrs work to be classed as employed work that out smoke and mirrors

Reactions: Ricci

I wish you hadn’t inflicted that on us. Something that can’t easily be unseen. Scotty sacked from marketing and soon to be sacked from government!

Reactions: Ricci and Freddie
Do we have mature adults here or are they appealing to individuals of lesser mind? Can't believe the levels to which the LNP have sunk. If it wasn't political it could be seen as slander!

Why do publish lies about the debate? You selectively quote “Mr Albanese stormed to victory after the debate” - absolute rubbish and obviously another attempt by a Left Wing Comrade to help Labor over the line! If you had been fair (if that’s in your vocabulary?) you would have also quoted from the Advertiser’s poll which had Liberals 70%, Labor 30% on the debate! You are a disgrace to act so biased and I refuse to read your rubbish ever again.

Do we have mature adults here or are they appealing to individuals of lesser mind? Can't believe the levels to which the LNP have sunk. If it wasn't political it could be seen as slander!
And Albosleazy would never do anything like that? But forgive him because he can’t even remember what the unemployment rate was! What a PM he’d make???

• Wow
Reactions: Rochelle and Ricci
Why do they have to place ads like this online? The LNP are scared they will lose all the perks that go with being the Bosses in Parliament. Also, Sc-Mo won't be able to strut around as the PM saying "Not My Job" when he knows it IS his Job as the Leader of Australia.

Sco-Mo is worried and he should be he has fail the aged care, destroyed Medicare ,public hospitals and schools and pump's billions into private sector 4%unemployment, an unemployed person has to do 1 hrs work to be classed as employed work that out smoke and mirrors
Shane you are dyed-in-the-wool Labor Comrade. Open your eyes and look at the amazing great achievements of this government. $billions spent to rectify Australia’s poor roads, $millions spent to improve healthcare, hospitals and services,$millions spent to give subsidised childcare, $millions spent to dramatically boost apprenticeships, $billions spent on defence to keep Australians safe (completely neglected by Labor when they were in government - heaven help us all!), $millions spent on education to improve the 3 R’s, and the list goes on endlessly! Labor’s last record was Insulation in homes resulting in many deaths, School sheds debacle, Every child to have a computer? HAhahaha, we’re still waiting - maybe next time round? Yes Comrades vote for these clowns again - NO WAY THANKS!

How much money is being spent on crappy political propaganda?? Grow up and have constuctive information. Do we really need sledging or do we need solutions? Libs have noses out of joint after debates and poll predictions favour Labor..
Dear Jena60, Did you read the Advertiser’s poll showing 70% Liberal, 30% Labor results for the last debate! You are being brainwashed by this Seniors rubbish website which has selectively quoted the Age. Don’t be another Labor Comrade with no researched views of your own. Grow up and don’t be a sheep!

• Wow
Reactions: Rochelle and Ricci
I do not stick to any political party but I cast my vote base on the performance of the party in power during the period prior to the election. A bit annoy that the Liberal trend to promote quarrelling with other nations and creating war rather than fixing many internal problems for Australia. Why Liberal prime ministers chose to live in Kirribilly House not at the Lodge in Canberra?