SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
S

Seia Ibanez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 16, 2023
Patty Cakes

Remember indulging in these classic patty cakes? The soft, airy sponge filled with fresh whipped cream and topped with delicate wings of cake, all finished with a dusting of icing sugar, was a timeless treat that graced nearly every special occasion. These delightful cakes always brought a touch of nostalgia and joy.

460979714_8691707820890132_2221317064110645214_n.jpg
Credit: Cathy Boax / Facebook

Do you have fond memories of baking or enjoying these cakes? Share your stories with us here!

Reactions: Gunpark and Liz
Oh I used to love these. I remember as a little boy going to the cake shop with my mum and if I got one of these it was a real treat.
We called them butterfly cupcakes. I can still taste the fresh cream and the icing. Yum. 😋

Reactions: Littleboy8
Oh I used to love these. I remember as a little boy going to the cake shop with my mum and if I got one of these it was a real treat.
We called them butterfly cupcakes. I can still taste the fresh cream and the icing. Yum. 😋
We called them butterfly cakes never heard of them being called patty cakes ever 😋