SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Mum’s amazing budget home organisation hack wows shoppers: ‘That’s amazing’

Mum's amazing budget home organisation hack wows shoppers: 'That's amazing'

Do you have a lot of stuff in your home that needs to be organised but don't know where to begin? Take some tips from Jessica, a mother of three from Perth.

She has shared pictures of her beautifully organised home as well as the inexpensive products she uses to keep it that way. Surprisingly, her tidy home wasn't always so tidy.

Jessica admitted to Yahoo Lifestyle that she isn't "typically a tidy/organised person! In fact, the opposite is true.”

“In 2020, I was diagnosed with ADHD, and OCD and not the ‘cleaning’ obsessed OCD.”

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 5.18.50 pm.png
Photo source: Facebook

Her diagnosis inspired her to develop various budget storage systems in her home, which worked wonders for her and her family.

Jessica recently shared her home on the Bunnings Mums Facebook page and was blown away by the response she received from other members of the group who compared her home to a “work of art.”

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 5.19.03 pm.png

“Wow, so organised you have done a fantastic job,” one person commented.

“Omg. Do you need my address to do my house? That’s amazing,” joked another.

According to the Perth mum, she didn’t restructure her home overnight and organised it one drawer at a time. She claims that you don’t need a huge budget to reorganise your home, with many of her must-have decluttering products from budget retailers like Kmart and Bunnings.

Jessica revealed that her organisational hack is “Label, Label, Label!” She says she has a “Cricut Machine” that she uses to cut vinyl labels to stick on all storage items to make finding things easier.

She uses clear stackable drawers from Kmart for her kitchen and bathroom storage. She also uses cardboard with labels which she places inside to make them look tidy.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 5.19.11 pm.png

The mum also revealed that she uses the $4.99 fabric storage cubes from Bunnings with the handle at the back to apply her labels to the flat surface. She said the fabric storage cubes are great for the linen closet.

For those planning to introduce order into their home, Jessica says the best thing to do is start small. Start organising one corner, one drawer, one box, or one room at a time.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 5.19.30 pm.png

“Just keep working on one thing at a time and be proud of how far you have come, not how much further you have to go. In a year’s time, you will be glad you just started somewhere.”

“Knowing that something I have implemented can be inspirational and helpful to so many people starting out on their organisational journey is the best feeling,” she says.

Questions from team SDC: Has Jessica inspired you to start organising your home? Do you have organisation hacks of your own? Why not share them with us in the comments below.

Last edited:
Reactions: MummaG
I used to be that organised when I was living in a unit, but had 2 basement rooms and an attic area for storage, plus cupboards and shelves and drawers. No basement or attic here, the garage doesnt even fit a medium sized car (so I drive a small one that allows me to close the door!) I think getting my home organized for me would mean: throw out everything! And dont buy anything but food!😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
I think I like the idea of being this organised, but I don't think I would actually be able to maintain it... I think I would end up getting annoyed with all the specific jars and boxes for everything :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Blossom
I would love it, a place for everything and everything in its place. Have been trying to educate my husband of 51 tears on this concept plus put things back where you found them. I think we have spent a quarter of our marriage looking for his thIngs mainly in the garden!!!!

Mum's amazing budget home organisation hack wows shoppers: 'That's amazing'

Do you have a lot of stuff in your home that needs to be organised but don't know where to begin? Take some tips from Jessica, a mother of three from Perth.

She has shared pictures of her beautifully organised home as well as the inexpensive products she uses to keep it that way. Surprisingly, her tidy home wasn't always so tidy.

Jessica admitted to Yahoo Lifestyle that she isn't "typically a tidy/organised person! In fact, the opposite is true.”

“In 2020, I was diagnosed with ADHD, and OCD and not the ‘cleaning’ obsessed OCD.”

View attachment 133

Her diagnosis inspired her to develop various budget storage systems in her home, which worked wonders for her and her family.

Jessica recently shared her home on the Bunnings Mums Facebook page and was blown away by the response she received from other members of the group who compared her home to a “work of art.”

View attachment 134

“Wow, so organised you have done a fantastic job,” one person commented.

“Omg. Do you need my address to do my house? That’s amazing,” joked another.

According to the Perth mum, she didn’t restructure her home overnight and organised it one drawer at a time. She claims that you don’t need a huge budget to reorganise your home, with many of her must-have decluttering products from budget retailers like Kmart and Bunnings.

Jessica revealed that her organisational hack is “Label, Label, Label!” She says she has a “Cricut Machine” that she uses to cut vinyl labels to stick on all storage items to make finding things easier.

She uses clear stackable drawers from Kmart for her kitchen and bathroom storage. She also uses cardboard with labels which she places inside to make them look tidy.

View attachment 135

The mum also revealed that she uses the $4.99 fabric storage cubes from Bunnings with the handle at the back to apply her labels to the flat surface. She said the fabric storage cubes are great for the linen closet.

For those planning to introduce order into their home, Jessica says the best thing to do is start small. Start organising one corner, one drawer, one box, or one room at a time.

View attachment 136

“Just keep working on one thing at a time and be proud of how far you have come, not how much further you have to go. In a year’s time, you will be glad you just started somewhere.”

“Knowing that something I have implemented can be inspirational and helpful to so many people starting out on their organisational journey is the best feeling,” she says.

Questions from team SDC: Has Jessica inspired you to start organising your home? Do you have organisation hacks of your own? Why not share them with us in the comments below.
I just wish I had all that cupboard space :unsure: