Happyhawk

May 26, 2023
Motivation

Good morning all. First thing in the morning what triggers the motivation. The have to or the need to How the mind serves a purpose ?

With how my head is and pain my motivation is if I don't get up I won't, I will stay in bed all day .
So I have my coffee while watching Sunrise and browsing on Here, then I get up .

My motivations were so very different 3 years ago . Back then my motivation was life and getting as much done as possible and hopefully I can get back to that

Last edited:
I am an aspirant (first time I ever had that word pop into my head) I am rarely not very highly motivated to improve life for myself and others. I'm helping friends build cupboard in their bathroom for nix on Sunday. As they live in a house in the forest, that white ants must all agree is quite delicious.

I am a person who is very easily contented with very little.

I have travelled for years in my van and can carve a dragon an eagle or whatever out of driftwood etc. I recognize that motivation is strongest in me, when I feel dismay at something that is definitely a big problem and I feel I can most definitely do something about it. Yep, that's what mostly fires me up.

I turn on my computer each day on waking up, like now, and either immediately or after a cup of tea, I sit and do an email check, then I return back to the setting up of my business.

I wake at night sometimes motivated to sit for an hour or so, huddled in the cold, with a blanket around me typing, if an insight wakes me and feel motivated to get up and record whatever my mind told me is important, I record whatever it was that stirred me. I have not always happy to do that, but if it's something that has got to get done, I get up and do it.

I am 70 in October, and well recovered now from a long-time injury though to my dismay I am not at all financially solvent, with many things needing doing that require finance to resolve them, and this annoys me, and I feel motivated.

Times ticking and I really do have a come unity project that will delight inform and surprise. As a trainer of 53 years' experience and I really do need to get it launched, as my contribution will most definitely make a very big difference!

Motivation is different for us all. My parents were both Orphans. I have had extremely poor beginnings and due to life events like losing many things to last year's flood, I currently have temporary accommodation in a building site hut.

It is twenty steps to a large swimming pool looking down into a valley on a friend's multi-million-dollar property. However, I need to remain in task mode daily, till I am living a very loving comfortable shared life with my partner when she shows up.

Public exposure of my work and facilitating workshops again will generate the ongoing income that will support all of that and so I am motived. What is behind my motivation, I had not really thought about before.

I wish to thank you once again for another insightful question. It is Dismay, is that truly Motivates me, I hadn't really thought about this before.

Cheers,

Johnny

Last edited:
At 75 years of age and 2 bad cancers tried to wreck my life, I have been growing orchids for near on 30 years to help me keep motivated, Love my Paphiopedilums, every morning around 9 to 10AM I get up and go into my greenhouse, watering, checking for pests and most important, seeing new flowers open, Rain Hale or Shine, I am out there, see photo of me and my Grand Champion orchid at our show a few years. Keeps me motivated Ron Boyd

Attachments

• Champ Paph winter show 2015.jpg
    Champ Paph winter show 2015.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 0
I am an aspirant (first time I ever had that word pop into my head) I am rarely not very highly motivated to improve life for myself and others. I'm helping friends build cupboard in their bathroom for nix on Sunday. As they live in a house in the forest, that white ants must all agree is quite delicious.

I am a person who is very easily contented with very little.

I have travelled for years in my van and can carve a dragon an eagle or whatever out of driftwood etc. I recognize that motivation is strongest in me, when I feel dismay at something that is definitely a big problem and I feel I can most definitely do something about it. Yep, that's what mostly fires me up.

I turn on my computer each day on waking up, like now, and either immediately or after a cup of tea, I sit and do an email check, then I return back to the setting up of my business.

I wake at night sometimes motivated to sit for an hour or so, huddled in the cold, with a blanket around me typing, if an insight wakes me and feel motivated to get up and record whatever my mind told me is important, I record whatever it was that stirred me. I have not always happy to do that, but if it's something that has got to get done, I get up and do it.

I am 70 in October, and well recovered now from a long-time injury though to my dismay I am not at all financially solvent, with many things needing doing that require finance to resolve them, and this annoys me, and I feel motivated.

Times ticking and I really do have a come unity project that will delight inform and surprise. As a trainer of 53 years' experience and I really do need to get it launched, as my contribution will most definitely make a very big difference!

Motivation is different for us all. My parents were both Orphans. I have had extremely poor beginnings and due to life events like losing many things to last year's flood, I currently have temporary accommodation in a building site hut.

It is twenty steps to a large swimming pool looking down into a valley on a friend's multi-million-dollar property. However, I need to remain in task mode daily, till I am living a very loving comfortable shared life with my partner when she shows up.

Public exposure of my work and facilitating workshops again will generate the ongoing income that will support all of that and so I am motived. What is behind my motivation, I had not really thought about before.

I wish to thank you once again for another insightful question. It is Dismay, is that truly Motivates me, I hadn't really thought about this before.

Cheers,

Johnny
Beautiful story . You sound very content. What date in October is your birthday

At 75 years of age and 2 bad cancers tried to wreck my life, I have been growing orchids for near on 30 years to help me keep motivated, Love my Paphiopedilums, every morning around 9 to 10AM I get up and go into my greenhouse, watering, checking for pests and most important, seeing new flowers open, Rain Hale or Shine, I am out there, see photo of me and my Grand Champion orchid at our show a few years. Keeps me motivated Ron Boyd
Wow , stunning flowers. I love orchards and mine have just opened up
IMG-20230712-WA0000.jpg

Beautiful story . You sound very content. What date in October is your birthday
Ha ha ha I am a person who is continuously given a lot of reasons to feel happy, every day, there's no doubt about it.

However, know I am not content Suzanne Rose, as that to me is a feeling of being settled and seated in the moment and not motivated. I do meditate in that sense of contented space and do movement energy work from within this place. However, I am a hi energy loquacious Libran, born 8am 16/10 1953.

What buzzed me this morning, is I have been readapting to a broken ankle for a couple of months and due to a week of taking stem cells, I found myself suddenly wanting to be upstanding on the balls of my feet again, for the first time in months.

Yaaay

Ha ha ha I am a person who is continuously given a lot of reasons to feel happy, every day, there's no doubt about it.

However, know I am not content Suzanne Rose, as that to me is a feeling of being settled and seated in the moment and not motivated. I do meditate in that sense of contented space and do movement energy work from within this place. However, I am a hi energy loquacious Libran, born 8am 16/10 1953.

What buzzed me this morning, is I have been readapting to a broken ankle for a couple of months and due to a week of taking stem cells, I found myself suddenly wanting to be upstanding on the balls of my feet again, for the first time in months.

Yaaay
I'm glad your ankle is better but you shouldn't rush it , you are one of the inspiring people on here and I enjoy your comments.

I'm a Scorpio also birthday is October but the 29th .

I think the simple things in life are the best

Reactions: Pink lion
I'm glad your ankle is better but you shouldn't rush it , you are one of the inspiring people on here and I enjoy your comments.

I'm a Scorpio also birthday is October but the 29th .

I think the simple things in life are the best
Absolutely, when it comes to injury recovery, I do hear you, and for a great many that's best.

But I always listen to what my body is saying to me, and life experience has taught me that I know that its best to not rest as I have come to understand that my body will just accept and adapt to a lack of function, if I don't work through it.

53 years as a M.A. informed trainer of human action and behaviors has taught me a lot.

Thank you for your ongoing support, Suzanne.

I believe it's the support that we give each other, that creates an even greater desire to support others that need it and as we are all in this together Ma'am, I am a big fan of that Cheers.

Good morning, my motivation is when I am lucky to wake up each morning have breakfast then do my favourite thing...making cards for Charity, family and friends, whether it is Birthday, Get Well, Just for You or a RAK card (Random Act of Kindness) card. Their are many people that have the same motivation. At 86 years of age every day for me is a bonus! Photo below is one of my latest.

Attachments

• 20230627_131239.jpg
    20230627_131239.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 0
Motivation

Good morning all. First thing in the morning what triggers the motivation. The have to or the need to How the mind serves a purpose ?
God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit (also the whisky spirit) 3GDR
Motivation

With how my head is and pain my motivation is if I don't get up I won't, I will stay in bed all day .
So I have my coffee while watching Sunrise and browsing on Here, then I get up .

My motivations were so very different 3 years ago . Back then my motivation was life and getting as much done as possible and hopefully I can get back to that

I wish you wellness and happy thoughts. A session of gentle exercise does wonders for motivation, also.
I needed to get ake it easy for 6 years for a heart condition. Taking CoQ10 and now a herbal supplement for sustaining a healthy heart is a big plus...being semi - vegetarian keeps me agile and active. If I know the details of your condition maybe there is a natural approach I could suggest. I am a firm believer in healing oneself if possible and only ever see a doctor in an emergency.

I wish you wellness and happy thoughts. A session of gentle exercise does wonders for motivation, also.
I needed to get ake it easy for 6 years for a heart condition. Taking CoQ10 and now a herbal supplement for sustaining a healthy heart is a big plus...being semi - vegetarian keeps me agile and active. If I know the details of your condition maybe there is a natural approach I could suggest. I am a firm believer in healing oneself if possible and only ever see a doctor in an emergency.
Zena