SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Member Submitted Scam Alert: Wellnee

Today I'm posting on behalf of a member who wished to alert the community of a recent scam they encountered by a company called Wellnee.

'I tried to purchase 1 packet of herbal knee patches for $17USD ($25 AUD). When I later logged onto Paypal, I saw that they had set up a monthly direct debit. They had charged me for two amounts: $34USD ($51 AUD) and $62USD ($93 AUD). Paypal stopped the smaller amount but said the larger amount was authorised and closed the case.'

'Wellnee has now emailed to say they can't refund the amount because the order has already been filled. They offered a discount...haha....which would mean me ordering more patches and getting scammed again!'

Please be careful, members!

Reactions: Ricki
I've been caught a couple of times by similar scams. Now I only deal with reputable companies that I know and are contactable (address, Phone)
Me too these were the origional scams 30years ago I bought some skin cream for $1 to try the next week they took $20 I rang them they were going to take $20 a mth I said I never approved anything above the $1 I did get very angry they put the money back I then cancelled my cards and got new ones

Reactions: Ricki
This sort of thing was reasonably common a few years ago. It happens during the initial sign-up process where lack of vigilance lead people to sign up for recurring subscriptions they may have been unaware of. After all how many people ever actually read the Ts & Cs rather than just clicking they have read them? I am not defending these companies but we customers also have to take some responsibility for our own actions, especially with online purchases.

Reactions: Jennie and Ricki
similar to HUUSK japanese kitchen knives hand made in JAPAN well China closeby they areatit again still and Japanese foot patches to remove toxins and the mukti language translator all in Lithuania CROOKS and same method order 1 billed for 4 never arrive see TRUSTPILOT no refund order sent Paypal may help but not always.

More than 15 years I got caught and when I complained having had 2 deductions they said they had already sent. I said never received even the first one. PayPal refunded after awhile. It was about 4 months later the 2 orders arrived and not been redirected eihter, they had never been sent when paid for. Virtually all do the auto fill/pay - its in the fine print in long winded documents.

Member Submitted Scam Alert: Wellnee

Today I'm posting on behalf of a member who wished to alert the community of a recent scam they encountered by a company called Wellnee.

'I tried to purchase 1 packet of herbal knee patches for $17USD ($25 AUD). When I later logged onto Paypal, I saw that they had set up a monthly direct debit. They had charged me for two amounts: $34USD ($51 AUD) and $62USD ($93 AUD). Paypal stopped the smaller amount but said the larger amount was authorised and closed the case.'

'Wellnee has now emailed to say they can't refund the amount because the order has already been filled. They offered a discount...haha....which would mean me ordering more patches and getting scammed again!'

Please be careful, members!

Likewise, it's happened to me via PayPal by a company I haven't dealt with for 8 years and PayPal has rejected my complaint, ever since it was taken over by Microsoft the help is a total waste of time.