Kmart shopper shares clever price check hack taking the strain out of shopping, “Good tip!”

Have you ever fancied an appliance or a piece of furniture set in Kmart, only to find out that the store only attached a barcode and not the actual price on the product?

With a bulky item like a piece of furniture, moving it over to the price check machine can be strenuous and even dangerous. Without nearby staff to help, it may seem that buying the product just isn't an option.

Thankfully, one Kmart shopper shared a little-known trick that saves us lots of time and effort when it comes to identifying the price of a large and weighty item.

2hzjUr-bHKZjXfZ1YFoPTe85qa1NuoDcspje1BW6zOsANeJOh8HZmSlO_By92sKsU_jDaBpe8yRUVB9QVj636rIp007tdClCn_p-HB888bONUOwzrBRv1-v4UmlkDrbhggVe8R8Z

Kmart stores have price check machines that let customers scan the item’s barcode to determine its price. Credit: Business Insider.

In a Kmart Facebook group, the Aussie woman shared how she discovered the price check hack while shopping in the store with her mum. They both saw a table and bench setting they would like to take home. However, no price was indicated on the tag.

Finding it impossible to carry the heavy furniture to the nearest price checker, the woman had a bit of a brain-blast.

“So I took a photo of the barcode and took my picture over to the scanner to see if it would bring up the price under the price check,” she wrote in the Facebook post.

“And it worked!” she added.

“I wasn’t sure if anyone else had tried this, but it saved me the time trying to find someone who worked there to find out the price. I thought I’d share.”

Several fellow Kmart shoppers commented on the Facebook post, expressing their disbelief at how easy and simple the trick was.

“I never thought to do that!” one user wrote, while another added, “Brilliant! Why haul stuff over if you don’t have to?

“Well, I’ve learnt something new already for 2022. Good tip!” a third person said.

Meanwhile, some members of the Kmart Facebook group revealed that they have been doing the ‘hack’ for several years now.

“Is this not common?” wrote one person, while another chimed in, saying: “I do this all the time - it also saves lifting heavy objects just to find the cost.”

Is this the first time you’ve heard of this trick or were you already aware of this hack, too? What other shopping hacks do you have? Let us know below!

Sponsored
Kmart shopper shares clever price check hack taking the strain out of shopping, “Good tip!”

Have you ever fancied an appliance or a piece of furniture set in Kmart, only to find out that the store only attached a barcode and not the actual price on the product?

With a bulky item like a piece of furniture, moving it over to the price check machine can be strenuous and even dangerous. Without nearby staff to help, it may seem that buying the product just isn't an option.

Thankfully, one Kmart shopper shared a little-known trick that saves us lots of time and effort when it comes to identifying the price of a large and weighty item.

2hzjUr-bHKZjXfZ1YFoPTe85qa1NuoDcspje1BW6zOsANeJOh8HZmSlO_By92sKsU_jDaBpe8yRUVB9QVj636rIp007tdClCn_p-HB888bONUOwzrBRv1-v4UmlkDrbhggVe8R8Z

Kmart stores have price check machines that let customers scan the item’s barcode to determine its price. Credit: Business Insider.

In a Kmart Facebook group, the Aussie woman shared how she discovered the price check hack while shopping in the store with her mum. They both saw a table and bench setting they would like to take home. However, no price was indicated on the tag.

Finding it impossible to carry the heavy furniture to the nearest price checker, the woman had a bit of a brain-blast.

“So I took a photo of the barcode and took my picture over to the scanner to see if it would bring up the price under the price check,” she wrote in the Facebook post.

“I wasn’t sure if anyone else had tried this, but it saved me the time trying to find someone who worked there to find out the price. I thought I’d share.”

Several fellow Kmart shoppers commented on the Facebook post, expressing their disbelief at how easy and simple the trick was.

“I never thought to do that!” one user wrote, while another added, “Brilliant! Why haul stuff over if you don’t have to?

“Well, I’ve learnt something new already for 2022. Good tip!” a third person said.

Meanwhile, some members of the Kmart Facebook group revealed that they have been doing the ‘hack’ for several years now.

“Is this not common?” wrote one person, while another chimed in, saying: “I do this all the time - it also saves lifting heavy objects just to find the cost.”

Is this the first time you’ve heard of this trick or were you already aware of this hack, too? What other shopping hacks do you have? Let us know below!
Thanks for the tip

Wouldn't you think that the store would suggest this to assist customers. It surely might help to make a sale rather than the customer just giving up and leaving
It is so hard to get assistance or customer service these days.

Reactions: Tervueren
I've been doing this for years. I even photograph smaller items and leave them on the shelf. That way when you find out the price if you decide you won't buy it you don't have to take it all the way back to it's place.

Reactions: Tervueren

Great tip. Thanks for Sharing

Good to know!