Kmart fan’s simple DIY laundry renovation wows social media

There are many people in the world who have limited capacity to renovate their homes. Some may have physical limitations that prevent them from doing certain tasks, while others may have financial limitations, or in this economy, both!

We know we’ve experienced some difficulties performing renovation tasks.

But, don’t fret! You can still spruce up your home’s aesthetic without having to go through gruelling manual work!

If you're looking for a budget-friendly DIY laundry renovation that's not physically demanding, look no further than this Kmart shopper's simple tip.

Sharing her tip in the Kmart Mums Australia Facebook group, the woman said that she was able to transform her space using some budget-friendly finds from the retailer.

'I didn't take a before picture, however, the washer and dryer were stacked on top of each other, with shelving of laundry baskets to the right-hand side. It was a constant mess,' the Kmart fan wrote, saying that as a renter, she did not have many options to renovate the apartment she was staying in.

'Popped a laundry hamper in each bedroom for clothes and one in the bathroom for the sheets and towels to save the need of baskets in the laundry itself.

-krrFwxSiti_VzlxBBnU77YCITznhsPLcgpf5BBXrTEloEQjRAadVte7SRPsnkDxWwtTRkn14WGybhAvckseJW4K9oFF3FnY2wp_1oo7Q-rEnjnM6Ne2HLZXZUhJMArTZpmhKFz52S85ebpE4mEm
i74AQTvtmk1ZbL3WjWPupWjdU6iO-I0CshCeNpYeS9rAmuNwwb0m9FS9s8-A3cQUe9kBboI-8iJiedQ5VE9-NWb5qSviUUxNTPhPBZUvHrbb_RZpOWk2g0Ckx9HadOnKgPX4QL4QIyUH2EqJLJmd

This Kmart shopper’s DIY project has captured the attention of hundreds of social media users who were stunned by its stylish aesthetic. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Mums Australia.

However, for just $45, the creative shopper threw together a bamboo tray and glass jars from Kmart, adding a stylish and functional touch to the space.

The woman added: 'Spent the weekend at Bunnings for the shelving and Kmart for the jars and letterboard. I was looking into the little laundry glass jar sets online but could not justify spending $110.'

In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, this setup is also highly practical — you may use the setup to store or prepare your washing materials as you do your laundry or even fold clothes.

The post has gone viral, amassing more than 800 likes from users who were stunned by the project.

One person wrote: 'Oh looks great! I did my laundry today too.'

'You’ve done a great job looks nice, neat, and clean.' another added.

A third chimed in: 'I love your laundry, I love how you have a bench. I have a shower & fridge in my laundry I can't wait till I have my own home.'

One user pointed out that the tip is not only helpful for those who have limited physical and financial capacities but it would also be perfect for renters or new homeowners who want to save on laundry renovations.

Others offer suggestions on how the woman can further improve the setup, with one user writing: 'If I may make a suggestion, a nice small-medium size plant would look nice on the bench.'

Making do with what you have can be difficult, but it's often worth it in the end. With a little imagination, you can turn even the most limited space into something beautiful.

So, there you have it, folks! Will you be giving this tip a try? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Reactions: Ezzy, Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
What a wonderful idea & so clean looking too. May I add a little idea? She has space between the trough to put a folding up plastic clothes basket. I have room between my trough & the toploader. The bottom of the basket folds down into the sides which flattens.

Reactions: Ezzy
There are many people in the world who have limited capacity to renovate their homes. Some may have physical limitations that prevent them from doing certain tasks, while others may have financial limitations, or in this economy, both!

We know we’ve experienced some difficulties performing renovation tasks.

But, don’t fret! You can still spruce up your home’s aesthetic without having to go through gruelling manual work!

If you're looking for a budget-friendly DIY laundry renovation that's not physically demanding, look no further than this Kmart shopper's simple tip.

Sharing her tip in the Kmart Mums Australia Facebook group, the woman said that she was able to transform her space using some budget-friendly finds from the retailer.

'I didn't take a before picture, however, the washer and dryer were stacked on top of each other, with shelving of laundry baskets to the right-hand side. It was a constant mess,' the Kmart fan wrote, saying that as a renter, she did not have many options to renovate the apartment she was staying in.

'Popped a laundry hamper in each bedroom for clothes and one in the bathroom for the sheets and towels to save the need of baskets in the laundry itself.

-krrFwxSiti_VzlxBBnU77YCITznhsPLcgpf5BBXrTEloEQjRAadVte7SRPsnkDxWwtTRkn14WGybhAvckseJW4K9oFF3FnY2wp_1oo7Q-rEnjnM6Ne2HLZXZUhJMArTZpmhKFz52S85ebpE4mEm
i74AQTvtmk1ZbL3WjWPupWjdU6iO-I0CshCeNpYeS9rAmuNwwb0m9FS9s8-A3cQUe9kBboI-8iJiedQ5VE9-NWb5qSviUUxNTPhPBZUvHrbb_RZpOWk2g0Ckx9HadOnKgPX4QL4QIyUH2EqJLJmd

This Kmart shopper’s DIY project has captured the attention of hundreds of social media users who were stunned by its stylish aesthetic. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Mums Australia.

However, for just $45, the creative shopper threw together a bamboo tray and glass jars from Kmart, adding a stylish and functional touch to the space.

The woman added: 'Spent the weekend at Bunnings for the shelving and Kmart for the jars and letterboard. I was looking into the little laundry glass jar sets online but could not justify spending $110.'

In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, this setup is also highly practical — you may use the setup to store or prepare your washing materials as you do your laundry or even fold clothes.

The post has gone viral, amassing more than 800 likes from users who were stunned by the project.

One person wrote: 'Oh looks great! I did my laundry today too.'

'You’ve done a great job looks nice, neat, and clean.' another added.

A third chimed in: 'I love your laundry, I love how you have a bench. I have a shower & fridge in my laundry I can't wait till I have my own home.'

One user pointed out that the tip is not only helpful for those who have limited physical and financial capacities but it would also be perfect for renters or new homeowners who want to save on laundry renovations.

Others offer suggestions on how the woman can further improve the setup, with one user writing: 'If I may make a suggestion, a nice small-medium size plant would look nice on the bench.'

Making do with what you have can be difficult, but it's often worth it in the end. With a little imagination, you can turn even the most limited space into something beautiful.

So, there you have it, folks! Will you be giving this tip a try? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
A very neat, well thought out & executed plan on a small budget.

Makes sense that a lady, who is using this area regularly, could organise this better than a man.