Guess who's to blame: A seven-year-old girl comes home with a tattoo after visiting her grandma

Visiting your grandparent's house for the holidays is supposed to be a time of warmth, cuddles, truckloads of sweets, gifts and lots of love and pampering. It's also an opportunity for the parents to rest easy and have time to themselves, knowing their child is in safe hands.

However, one mother was flabbergasted after her seven-year-old daughter returned home sporting something no one would associate with a child—a tattoo. And what makes the situation even more inconceivable is the person behind this unsolicited body art.

The mum, who was pregnant, shared a series of videos about the event on social media. She asked: ‘Who in [their] right mind [would] tattoo a 7-year-old?’

photo1 (1).jpg
A mum was furious to learn her young daughter received a tattoo after visiting her grandmother’s house. Credit: @newskii_soexotic24/TikTok

The mother disclosed that her child, who was visiting her father’s side of the family, called her asking if she could get a tattoo. She declined the request and thought nothing of it because she believed her daughter was joking.

But the seven-year-old went home with a tattoo of a crooked heart.

‘She will never be allowed to go over there again, and I will definitely be reporting this to someone because that’s child abuse,’ the mum stated.

A conversation between the frustrated mother and daughter revealed the central character of this distressing incident—the child's aunt!

The mum said her ex-partner’s 28-year-old sister allegedly did the tattoo in July. The mum only noticed the tattoo in September, after the trip.

She also pointed out that her daughter’s grandmother was supposed to be supervising.

'[The aunt] bought a tattoo gun and went and tattooed all the kids,' the mum claimed.

When she contacted her ex-partner’s family, the grandmother and auntie apologised and claimed that the tattoo was only done using henna.

'That isn't henna, henna only lasts three weeks,’ she said, unconvinced by the pair’s excuse.

The 7-year-old also recalled the incident in the conversation. She shared that despite saying no, her auntie allegedly continued with the plans to put a tattoo on her and the other kids in the house.

photo (17).jpg
The mum shared a video of the conversation with her daughter. Credit: Credit: @newskii_soexotic24/TikTok

The child went first, and then a couple of kids followed. When asked if her aunt had changed the tattoo gun needle between each person, the child shook her head and said no.

'I feel bad because there are no kids here for her to play with,' the mum said, admitting she regretted letting her daughter go on the trip.

'People need to beware who they let their kids be around,' she added.

She also mentioned that she didn’t know that her daughter’s aunt would be at the house, claiming that the 28-year-old was squatting at the home.

'I wouldn't have allowed my daughter to go down there if I had known they were squatting,' the mum stated.

The mum reported the incident to the police and child services, but the aunt was nowhere to be found.

Social media users were shocked by the incident, with one person writing: ‘My mama threatened to bury me after I tattooed my brother for his 18th birthday. This is insane.’

Another pointed out, ‘I think you need to protect your child. If they can’t respect you enough as your child’s mother, they don’t need to see her.’

'Henna fades. That is not fading. Plus, it’s too dark. Way too dark to be henna. I’m so sorry. I hope she’s okay and you are too. You’re amazing, momma,’ a third person commented.

You can watch one of the videos here:

Key Takeaways
  • A mother was furious after her seven-year-old daughter returned from a visit to her grandparents with a tattoo.
  • The mother claimed her ex-partner's sister, the child's aunt, did the tattoo with a tattoo gun while her grandmother was supposed to be supervising.
  • The mum filed a report with the police, but they claimed they couldn't locate the aunt.
  • The tattoo, a misshapen heart, was claimed to be henna by the grandmother and aunt, but the mother and some commenters refuted this, stating it is too permanent and dark to be henna.

What’s your take on this story, members? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Visiting your grandparent's house for the holidays is supposed to be a time of warmth, cuddles, truckloads of sweets, gifts and lots of love and pampering. It's also an opportunity for the parents to rest easy and have time to themselves, knowing their child is in safe hands.

However, one mother was flabbergasted after her seven-year-old daughter returned home sporting something no one would associate with a child—a tattoo. And what makes the situation even more inconceivable is the person behind this unsolicited body art.

The mum, who was pregnant, shared a series of videos about the event on social media. She asked: ‘Who in [their] right mind [would] tattoo a 7-year-old?’

View attachment 31127
A mum was furious to learn her young daughter received a tattoo after visiting her grandmother’s house. Credit: @newskii_soexotic24/TikTok

The mother disclosed that her child, who was visiting her father’s side of the family, called her asking if she could get a tattoo. She declined the request and thought nothing of it because she believed her daughter was joking.

‘She will never be allowed to go over there again, and I will definitely be reporting this to someone because that’s child abuse,’ the mum stated.

A conversation between the frustrated mother and daughter revealed the central character of this distressing incident—the child's aunt!

The mum said her ex-partner’s 28-year-old sister allegedly did the tattoo in July. The mum only noticed the tattoo in September, after the trip.

She also pointed out that her daughter’s grandmother was supposed to be supervising.

'[The aunt] bought a tattoo gun and went and tattooed all the kids,' the mum claimed.

When she contacted her ex-partner’s family, the grandmother and auntie apologised and claimed that the tattoo was only done using henna.

'That isn't henna, henna only lasts three weeks,’ she said, unconvinced by the pair’s excuse.

The 7-year-old also recalled the incident in the conversation. She shared that despite saying no, her auntie allegedly continued with the plans to put a tattoo on her and the other kids in the house.

View attachment 31128
The mum shared a video of the conversation with her daughter. Credit: Credit: @newskii_soexotic24/TikTok

The child went first, and then a couple of kids followed. When asked if her aunt had changed the tattoo gun needle between each person, the child shook her head and said no.

'I feel bad because there are no kids here for her to play with,' the mum said, admitting she regretted letting her daughter go on the trip.

She also mentioned that she didn’t know that her daughter’s aunt would be at the house, claiming that the 28-year-old was squatting at the home.

'I wouldn't have allowed my daughter to go down there if I had known they were squatting,' the mum stated.

The mum reported the incident to the police and child services, but the aunt was nowhere to be found.

Social media users were shocked by the incident, with one person writing: ‘My mama threatened to bury me after I tattooed my brother for his 18th birthday. This is insane.’

Another pointed out, ‘I think you need to protect your child. If they can’t respect you enough as your child’s mother, they don’t need to see her.’

'Henna fades. That is not fading. Plus, it’s too dark. Way too dark to be henna. I’m so sorry. I hope she’s okay and you are too. You’re amazing, momma,’ a third person commented.

Key Takeaways

• A mother was furious after her seven-year-old daughter returned from a visit to her grandparents with a tattoo.
  • The mother claimed her ex-partner's sister, the child's aunt, did the tattoo with a tattoo gun while her grandmother was supposed to be supervising.
  • The mum filed a report with the police, but they claimed they couldn't locate the aunt.
  • The tattoo, a misshapen heart, was claimed to be henna by the grandmother and aunt, but the mother and some commenters refuted this, stating it is too permanent and dark to be henna.

Her Aunt, Father and irresponsible grandmother should all be in BIG trouble! It's not just one case of (disrespect to the mother and) child abuse but several cases since they allowed/did tattoo's on several underage kids!!! If that was my mum she would have NEVER let them near me again
That is not henna. I don't have tattoos but i've seen enough tattoo shows and real tattoo's (my dad had tattoos) - that seems to be real ink there. Shameful on those who were supposed to be entrusted to care for the poor little girl at the time and no fault of her mother's.
Kids are not people to practise on. You want to give a kid a 'Tatt' - put a fake tattoo on them (stick on transfer that wears/washes off after a while; or actual henna (which is a different color to what this little girl ended up with and henna fades off) or even grab a nikko/sharpie pen and draw on them with it or another idea get a kids stamper and put a stamp on them (the ink is safe, colourful and washes off) - anything but a real tattoo with real permament ink!
How dare they ignore the childs mother and cause that pain to the child!
The cops need to find the aunt - surely they can make her family tell them where she is. This is terrible neglect and abuse, the girl is too young to consent to this let alone handle the pain or maybe even the regret of it being there in years to come.

it's illegal under 18 years. And there is nothing to say that poisoning won't happen. I would have nothing to do with the side of the family ever again. You don't abuse children and you don't do things to children without permission. She needs to be found and charged, for each child.

View attachment 31127

View attachment 31128

Key Takeaways

Personally I don't believe in Tattoos. I am not against anyone else getting a Tattoo of their choice, providing they are old enough to realise the consequences of their actions. There has to be an age of consent for Tattoos.

View attachment 31127

View attachment 31128

Key Takeaways

Beyond belief!!!!

Reactions: Veggiepatch

View attachment 31127

View attachment 31128

Key Takeaways

View attachment 31127

View attachment 31128

Key Takeaways

Well, it is a criminal offence. The perpetrator cannot be located, but mum should ensure that her complaint is recorded by police so that future action can be brought against the aunt. If it is not a temporary tattoo, as suggested by the aunt, mum should consider a civil action on behalf of her daughter. If auntie is 28 years old, this offence is indeed egregious.

That is obviously one grandmother who shouldn’t be trusted with the care of any grandchildren. Yes the aunt did it, but where was the grandmother. She was supposed to be caring for the child. When I have my grandchildren I make sure I know where they are and who with and what they are doing at all times.

That is obviously one grandmother who shouldn’t be trusted with the care of any grandchildren. Yes the aunt did it, but where was the grandmother. She was supposed to be caring for the child. When I have my grandchildren I make sure I know where they are and who with and what they are doing at all times.
I was thinking the same. I would never let my child near that gran,dmother again, even if I had to get a court order. Maybe she didn't do the tattoo, but she was responsible for the child and that is neglect.
She also allowed her daughter to commit the abuse which makes her complicit.
Sounds like the whole family are a pack of ferals.
I would also make the ex understand that he was not to let the child near his family or I would apply to the court to also stop his access.

Exactly!!!

Personally I don't believe in Tattoos. I am not against anyone else getting a Tattoo of their choice, providing they are old enough to realise the consequences of their actions. There has to be an age of consent for Tattoos.
I too am not against 18+ year Olds freedoms of choice.

At the same time, I don't like to have to be exposed to them, especially when they are all over (like sleeves) or badly done or on faces/shaved heads and the like.

Don't just say 'Turn your head', once seen it can't be unseen.

In later life, many will be faded displays on saggy, wrinkled skin, a real statement that will create a lot of business for tattoo removalists.

• Haha
Reactions: NotNats
I have tattoos, both my grown-up children have tattoos. We were all in our mid 20's before we got tattoo's. But even I believe 18 is still too young for a tattoo, remember this artwork is for LIFE. I believe the age of consent for tattoo's should be at least 21yrs. And the same goes for the other "for life choice". Everything else you can change but these two. The first is life as laser tech is still not advanced enough yet to removed it and the other is for at least 18yrs.

Tattoos are gross..especially if visible to the public...... If someone came looking for job and they had visible tattoos they would go to the bottom of this list.

• Sad
Reactions: NotNats