Do you order this drink on flights? Flight attendants say it's the WORST thing you can ask for!

To our members who are frequent flyers, have you ever noticed why sometimes, the flight attendant takes almost forever to reach your row?

As it turns out, there is a good chance that someone (or even worse, everyone) up ahead was holding up the process by ordering this particular beverage from the cart.

The one drink that has been holding everyone up and frustrates the cabin crew the most is none other than Diet Coke!

Apparently, ordering the diet soda irritates crew members due to how fizzy it becomes when poured. More fizz equals more pouring time.

And when there are a lot of people on a flight who want drinks, it can be hard for the cabin crew to deal with all the whining and complaining.

So, if you're a regular Diet Coke drinker on a plane, you might want to think twice the next time you order…

CG7R5rAXFcyXvcpfsogDZ0fznwlRUrEoKVHT3W9RIByZnmovmDodvruhYBSgsBXumMr5rEFmfbAkC52LtKIog449Mp76nsb4Bqb0TbBdQsoofT5RaMGzyagsg_VyLREwBUKn_rUU9_c2XFDvUg

If you order a Diet Coke on a plane, expect to wait a few minutes. Credit: [email protected].

In a video that was uploaded to TikTok, a user named Ariel Cisneros demonstrates just how much longer it takes for the fizz from a Diet Coke to settle in comparison to a Coca-Cola.

"This is why flight attendants hate serving diet cokes on the plane… It takes too long to pour," she captioned the clip.

She can be seen in the video holding two cans of soda and two plastic cups filled with ice. She then poured both drinks into each cup at the same time.

The fizz in the Diet Coke took a lot longer to settle, while the fizz in the regular Coca-Cola settled almost immediately, allowing the flight attendant to fill it up right away.

More than 340,000 users on TikTok have already watched the clip, and hundreds of them commented on the video, with several admitting that they were unaware there was such an issue with ordering Diet Coke.

"So that's why they just hand me a cup of ice and a Diet Coke can," one person wrote in the comments.

On her blog, These Gold Wings, a flight attendant said that in the time it takes to pour one Diet Coke, she could have served three other people.

"As you may know, the aircraft cabin is pressurised to the equivalent of about seven or eight thousand feet, rather than sea level," she wrote in her blog post.

"It means soft drinks foam up a lot more when poured out of a can, and Diet Coke is the worst offender – I literally have to sit and wait for the bubbles to subside before I can keep pouring."

Thankfully, there is a way to pour the drink faster without worrying about the foam spilling over the top. The key is to simply turn the can completely upside down into the cup, then lift and tilt it slightly. Watch how it's demonstrated in the video below:

Credit: Jet.Attendant.

Even though this may seem like a small thing, it's an important thing to think about when you're not waiting very patiently for your diet soda.

What are your thoughts, members? Do you want to give this pouring technique a try the next time you fly?

Sponsored
To our members who are frequent flyers, have you ever noticed why sometimes, the flight attendant takes almost forever to reach your row?

As it turns out, there is a good chance that someone (or even worse, everyone) up ahead was holding up the process by ordering this particular beverage from the cart.

The one drink that has been holding everyone up and frustrates the cabin crew the most is none other than Diet Coke!

Apparently, ordering the diet soda irritates crew members due to how fizzy it becomes when poured. More fizz equals more pouring time.

And when there are a lot of people on a flight who want drinks, it can be hard for the cabin crew to deal with all the whining and complaining.

So, if you're a regular Diet Coke drinker on a plane, you might want to think twice the next time you order…

CG7R5rAXFcyXvcpfsogDZ0fznwlRUrEoKVHT3W9RIByZnmovmDodvruhYBSgsBXumMr5rEFmfbAkC52LtKIog449Mp76nsb4Bqb0TbBdQsoofT5RaMGzyagsg_VyLREwBUKn_rUU9_c2XFDvUg

If you order a Diet Coke on a plane, expect to wait a few minutes. Credit: [email protected].

In a video that was uploaded to TikTok, a user named Ariel Cisneros demonstrates just how much longer it takes for the fizz from a Diet Coke to settle in comparison to a Coca-Cola.

"This is why flight attendants hate serving diet cokes on the plane… It takes too long to pour," she captioned the clip.

She can be seen in the video holding two cans of soda and two plastic cups filled with ice. She then poured both drinks into each cup at the same time.

The fizz in the Diet Coke took a lot longer to settle, while the fizz in the regular Coca-Cola settled almost immediately, allowing the flight attendant to fill it up right away.

More than 340,000 users on TikTok have already watched the clip, and hundreds of them commented on the video, with several admitting that they were unaware there was such an issue with ordering Diet Coke.

"So that's why they just hand me a cup of ice and a Diet Coke can," one person wrote in the comments.

On her blog, These Gold Wings, a flight attendant said that in the time it takes to pour one Diet Coke, she could have served three other people.

"As you may know, the aircraft cabin is pressurised to the equivalent of about seven or eight thousand feet, rather than sea level," she wrote in her blog post.

"It means soft drinks foam up a lot more when poured out of a can, and Diet Coke is the worst offender – I literally have to sit and wait for the bubbles to subside before I can keep pouring."

Thankfully, there is a way to pour the drink faster without worrying about the foam spilling over the top. The key is to simply turn the can completely upside down into the cup, then lift and tilt it slightly. Watch how it's demonstrated in the video below:

Even though this may seem like a small thing, it's an important thing to think about when you're not waiting very patiently for your diet soda.

What are your thoughts, members? Do you want to give this pouring technique a try the next time you fly?

We all know that most Flight attendants are seriously precious people!
If you're on a domestic flight take your own and save a lot of money!
If it's an international flight and this rubbish is true, chances are you won't be able to purchase a Diet Coke.
Taking time to pour? Just how short are international flights anyway?
More likely the FA wants to hide out of sight of passengers (As many do!).

Well I’m sorry this causes them such an inconvenience but if that’s the drink I wanted I would certainly order it! I’m guessing their bosses would be unimpressed if they thought passengers felt they couldn’t order a diet drink because it inconveniences the crew!!

As a diabetic normal canned drinks are a no-no but it is not a drama because I hate coke and cola but my son has to have diet drinks if he is having a carbonated drink as with regular ones he goes hyper active and at 6 foot tall and with autism I don't think the flight crew would want that scenario so just give him the diet drink and he loves diet coke.

"Just Pat" above. That is not the only problem you need to consider with a happy reward. Mother's like you need every consideration possible . Give ANYBODY 24 hours in YOUR place for a day with me please. I will give you a lovely break & I will bet they'll be knocking on my door BEFORE the 24 hours have showed up.
You have my respect, love & consideration @ all times, bless you Dear. You NEED to tell them what it is really like. I just know they would NOT worry about pouring out a drink IF they were in your position for 1 day. Your patience is overflowing you beaufiful Mum. xxx

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci