Disappointed neighbour leaves 'passive-aggressive' note for driver parked in two spots

We've almost all been in a situation where we're driving around a crowded parking lot looking for a spot and seeing that one person's car is annoyingly taking up two spots.

Not only does it make it harder for the rest of us to find a parking spot, but it’s just plain inconsiderate!

While most people would rather take out their frustrations on the inconsiderate driver by leaving a scathing note (or a 'polite' one, like this note left on a Bunnings shopper's car), some people would rather go the extra mile to 'educate' the driver instead.

Here, a neighbour's car was parked in the wrong place, so a concerned resident left a note on it. It wasn't just any note, though; it was a whole illustrated explanation of how to park properly.

Should this be the norm when reprimanding reckless drivers? Or is this pushing it too far?

hlxodulcGT3feW7ndjhJlxRROa3CJ9K1wJ6JIvzJd27MlhWH8tM9KIfG55uVs40Th0tNlTuMDqBXl4QOofBjXUbo_IZUMrCdxdSFqrWluls-t2HeyDeKkJAu9cn8NlAxSrdNrbEwXjYkL7GAOIrlxWM

Disappointed by a car taking up two parking spots, a neighbour drew a parking diagram. Credit: Reddit/MrReallyBadGamer.

Sharing on the popular forum website Reddit, one user uploaded a photo showing the diagram left by a neighbour on a badly parked car.

'Good effort from the neighbour on this parking note,' the user wrote in the caption. Later on, he clarified that the note wasn't on his car but rather on the car of another resident on the block. (At least, that's what he says...)

On the note in question, there was a hand-drawn picture of a car that was parked across the line between two parking spots. The diagram even had an illustration of how to park correctly, and the neighbour who wrote it gave the poor parking a 2 out of 10 rating.

'2/10 for effort,' it read. 'Must try harder …'

It didn't take long for users to take to the comments section to share their opinions.

Most people commended the neighbour for leaving an 'informative' note, rather than a reprimanding one. One user wrote, 'I appreciate the consideration that the [driver] may be a visual learner,' with plenty of users agreeing and liking his comment.

A second user even suggested that the person who left the note might be a teacher in the neighbourhood.

Others were more critical in their comments. For example, one user said that if they are really being 'picky', both sets of cars are actually parked incorrectly.

'You are supposed to park with your left wheels as close to the left line as possible,' he said. 'Everyone does this, and everyone has room to get out. The problem is almost no one anywhere does this, meaning we all have to live with trying to squeeze out of tiny gaps on either side of the car.'

e1Q_XHsM3fwhNDckUzXQM-ZP__GaIqjSV8B_iSom-qUpEfxSEgoDpM-b2BYSRtRRXJZLERCCEDOCBs4yVCnzXos5k5clXHob9yz225uPpoVtVl18cK3_wefv6AcuXM2eH0u6nmHrXPmy01ssarMQG1U

Some people park in more than one spot in the parking lot so that the paint on their car doesn't get scratched. Credit: HowStuffWorks. (Stock photo)

Meanwhile, others went on to defend the poor parking by arguing that drivers often have no choice but to park in such a manner in order to 'protect' their cars, or because they were forced to do so by necessity.

'They're not managing to park like this; they're doing it deliberately, so someone doesn't open their car door onto their precious paintwork,' one user said.

Another agreed and also shared their reason, 'I had to park like this once, but that was only because about three other people also parked in the same manner and there was no room to do anything else. Then I came back to see all the other cars had gone, and I alone looked like a jack*ss.'

So, what do you think, folks? If you were in the same situation, what kind of note would you leave? Have you ever been the recipient of a parking note as well? Comment below with your stories for the other members and us to read!

Sponsored
Seems to be more and more people parking like this. They should be fined. Why is their car more important than everyone else's. This really bugs me. Love the note left. 😄

Someone used to park repeatedly in a designated disabled car park.
I never got to see the driver.
I used to have to struggle up the hill to get to the supermarket.
One day, I wrote a note, " If you are disabled, I am sorry. However, you are required by law to display a disabled sticker to park in this spot.
Because you have not displayed a disability sticker, it means you are illegally parked.
If you are not disabled, you have parked illegally.
You are also rude and insensitive as you continually break the law.
You inconvenience disabled people and cause pain and frustration for them.
Please reconsider your actions.
Next time, I will contact the police."
I placed this note under the windscreen wiper.
When I returned after my shopping, the car had gone.
The next time I saw the car, again, it was in the disabled park.
I contacted the supermarket, it appeared that they were aware of this repeat offender, so the manager rang the police while I was there.
The police were close by, and attended immediately.
An infringement notice was placed on the car.
I never saw it there again.
(Pre mobile phone)

Last edited:
We've almost all been in a situation where we're driving around a crowded parking lot looking for a spot and seeing that one person's car is annoyingly taking up two spots.

Not only does it make it harder for the rest of us to find a parking spot, but it’s just plain inconsiderate!

While most people would rather take out their frustrations on the inconsiderate driver by leaving a scathing note (or a 'polite' one, like this note left on a Bunnings shopper's car), some people would rather go the extra mile to 'educate' the driver instead.

Here, a neighbour's car was parked in the wrong place, so a concerned resident left a note on it. It wasn't just any note, though; it was a whole illustrated explanation of how to park properly.

Should this be the norm when reprimanding reckless drivers? Or is this pushing it too far?

hlxodulcGT3feW7ndjhJlxRROa3CJ9K1wJ6JIvzJd27MlhWH8tM9KIfG55uVs40Th0tNlTuMDqBXl4QOofBjXUbo_IZUMrCdxdSFqrWluls-t2HeyDeKkJAu9cn8NlAxSrdNrbEwXjYkL7GAOIrlxWM

Disappointed by a car taking up two parking spots, a neighbour drew a parking diagram. Credit: Reddit/MrReallyBadGamer.

Sharing on the popular forum website Reddit, one user uploaded a photo showing the diagram left by a neighbour on a badly parked car.

'Good effort from the neighbour on this parking note,' the user wrote in the caption. Later on, he clarified that the note wasn't on his car but rather on the car of another resident on the block. (At least, that's what he says...)

On the note in question, there was a hand-drawn picture of a car that was parked across the line between two parking spots. The diagram even had an illustration of how to park correctly, and the neighbour who wrote it gave the poor parking a 2 out of 10 rating.

It didn't take long for users to take to the comments section to share their opinions.

Most people commended the neighbour for leaving an 'informative' note, rather than a reprimanding one. One user wrote, 'I appreciate the consideration that the [driver] may be a visual learner,' with plenty of users agreeing and liking his comment.

A second user even suggested that the person who left the note might be a teacher in the neighbourhood.

Others were more critical in their comments. For example, one user said that if they are really being 'picky', both sets of cars are actually parked incorrectly.

'You are supposed to park with your left wheels as close to the left line as possible,' he said. 'Everyone does this, and everyone has room to get out. The problem is almost no one anywhere does this, meaning we all have to live with trying to squeeze out of tiny gaps on either side of the car.'

e1Q_XHsM3fwhNDckUzXQM-ZP__GaIqjSV8B_iSom-qUpEfxSEgoDpM-b2BYSRtRRXJZLERCCEDOCBs4yVCnzXos5k5clXHob9yz225uPpoVtVl18cK3_wefv6AcuXM2eH0u6nmHrXPmy01ssarMQG1U

Some people park in more than one spot in the parking lot so that the paint on their car doesn't get scratched. Credit: HowStuffWorks. (Stock photo)

Meanwhile, others went on to defend the poor parking by arguing that drivers often have no choice but to park in such a manner in order to 'protect' their cars, or because they were forced to do so by necessity.

'They're not managing to park like this; they're doing it deliberately, so someone doesn't open their car door onto their precious paintwork,' one user said.

Another agreed and also shared their reason, 'I had to park like this once, but that was only because about three other people also parked in the same manner and there was no room to do anything else. Then I came back to see all the other cars had gone, and I alone looked like a jack*ss.'

So, what do you think, folks? If you were in the same situation, what kind of note would you leave? Have you ever been the recipient of a parking note as well? Comment below with your stories for the other members and us to read!
I used to leave a note pointing out that as I paid for my park they were thieves by parking in it they stole not just my park but the money I paid for it

Car spaces seem to be getting smaller and cars are getting bigger. I drive a small car and at times feel very intimidated by the SUVs that park near me. But the lines are there for a reason. It is not that hard to stay in the lines. Modern cars have reversing cameras that guide you in straight. This type of parking is just selfishness and bugs me big time.

Car spaces seem to be getting smaller and cars are getting bigger. I drive a small car and at times feel very intimidated by the SUVs that park near me. But the lines are there for a reason. It is not that hard to stay in the lines. Modern cars have reversing cameras that guide you in straight. This type of parking is just selfishness and bugs me big time.
And I have a grandson in a wheelchair. Watching his mum trying to get him out safely from a regular spot because some inconsiderate driver has parked illegally in the disabled spot drives me crazy. They are not allocated to everyone, just those who apply and are granted the permit. Not a paid permit.

I too have on the odd occasion found that I have had to park over two slots but only because somebody further down the line has parked inconsiderately and everyone else had made accommodation for this. It's so embarrassing when you get back to your car and find all the guilty cars gone and you are the only one left. I slink out of the car park trying my best to look innocent!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"You are supposed to park with your left wheels as close to the left line as possible" . Rubbish! There is nothing in the official road safety guidelines regarding a requirement to park to the left of a marked bay. It's commonsense to park as centrally as possible.

I park as centrally within the space as I can. I often note that people don't park correctly. Either they are just on the line or so close to it that you are forced to park your car away from them. I have often commented that why can't these people park in the middle of the parking spot. Sometimes you can't get it right the first time so just reverse out and correct the parking. I call it 'bad manners on display'. I have a rather nice car, just got lucky, so I park as far away from the shopping centre entry as possible where there are less cars. Extra 30 second walk is not a problem for me. Also I go grocery shopping on Wednesday or Thursday evenings so there are less people/cars around and sometimes I can pickup bargains. But I still find people park next to my car although there are plenty of other spaces to park. I guess those other spaces weren't free when the car next to me parked. Bad parking is an annoying problem.

I park as centrally within the space as I can. I often note that people don't park correctly. Either they are just on the line or so close to it that you are forced to park your car away from them. I have often commented that why can't these people park in the middle of the parking spot. Sometimes you can't get it right the first time so just reverse out and correct the parking. I call it 'bad manners on display'. I have a rather nice car, just got lucky, so I park as far away from the shopping centre entry as possible where there are less cars. Extra 30 second walk is not a problem for me. Also I go grocery shopping on Wednesday or Thursday evenings so there are less people/cars around and sometimes I can pickup bargains. But I still find people park next to my car although there are plenty of other spaces to park. I guess those other spaces weren't free when the car next to me parked. Bad parking is an annoying problem.
Haven't you heard, cars are herd animals, you rarely find only one!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have an ACROD for parking in disabled bays well one day this young women is parked bang smack between two of them and talking on her phone so I parked behind her got out of my car took her phone of her and terminated the call and told here to move her but out of the TWO disabled bays and yes she did not have an ACROD.

I have an ACROD for parking in disabled bays well one day this young women is parked bang smack between two of them and talking on her phone so I parked behind her got out of my car took her phone of her and terminated the call and told here to move her but out of the TWO disabled bays and yes she did not have an ACROD.

Good on you 👏 👍

Reactions: Senor and Ricci
I wish I could tell you that this sort of thing is a rare occurrence. Unfortunately, a relative of mine is a parking inspector and he assures me it is quite common and they always have the most pathetic excuses (or lies) as to why they parked in an ACROD bay. And most of the time, there is a perfectly legal parking spot a stone's throw away.

I too have on the odd occasion found that I have had to park over two slots but only because somebody further down the line has parked inconsiderately and everyone else had made accommodation for this. It's so embarrassing when you get back to your car and find all the guilty cars gone and you are the only one left. I slink out of the car park trying my best to look innocent!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
🤣

Reactions: Ricci
Well done! But what does ACROD stand for? I understand it would be a disabled sticker but have never heard that acronym.

I'd think about deflating a tyre if l was angry enough but that is not me. The owner is not always going to be able to save the paintwork regardless of how hard they try. One thought was that maybe this was someone who needed a Disabled bay (wide bay), none were available & so one was created in a sense, but if this was the case there should be a Disability sticker displayed.