Chemist Warehouse parking job triggers outrage: ‘Massively entitled’

It truly is disheartening when basic social courtesies are tossed aside, leaving us with stories like this one.

Recently, Melbourne locals have been seething with anger over a Chemist Warehouse parking debacle that beggars belief.

The perpetrator? An owner of an oversized Dodge RAM 1500, whose audacious parking maneuver horizontally occupied not one, but three designated parking bays for people with disabilities.

Frustration was evident as a local vented on Reddit, sharing a photo of the offensive act with the caption, ‘Seen in Dandenong this morning, no disabled sticker. I'm 50/50 on a fine, clearly mentally [impaired].’

But perhaps taking exception on behalf of differently-abled persons, one commenter bluntly expressed: ‘RAM driver is not mentally [impaired]. It’s because he/she is a massively entitled do****bag.’

A_RAM_1500_was_spotted_parked_across_three_disability_bays_outsi-m-9_1697517823299.jpg
A RAM 1500 occupied three disability bays outside a Melbourne Chemist Warehouse.
Image source: Reddit

‘I recently got an accessible parking permit, and I am astounded how many people park in disabled spots who don't have a permit. This one is next level though,’ added another.

‘That is simply extraordinary!’ a third user wrote.

Some people suggested various retaliatory actions, including damaging the vehicle or reporting the incident to authorities to address the Chemist Warehouse parking issue.

‘We really need to clamp down on these c**** hard. If it's too big to park at the store then it's your fault for f****** using a truck as a car,’ one said.

However, a few were open to giving the RAM owner the benefit of the doubt.

‘They're loading or unloading something?’ asked one user.

Drivers can only use an accessible parking spot with a blue and white permit designated for people with disabilities.

American pickup trucks, notably RAM and Chevrolet, have become a popular choice in the Australian vehicle market in the past five years. Toyota and Ford are reportedly set to enter late 2023

The trucks boast a hefty six-figure price tag and substantial fuel and maintenance costs, sparking a debate about their suitability for Australian roads.

According to one user who claimed to have lived in the US, roads there are ‘straighter, lanes are wider, and spots are bigger.’

The_incident_occurred_outside_Chemist_Warehouse_in_Dandenong_pic-a-1_1697516417184.jpg
The occurrence took place outside the Dandenong Chemist Warehouse (as shown) on Tuesday. Image source: Google Maps

They also pointed out that Australian roads weren't built to handle larger vehicles like the US.

‘Unless you truly need that (Ford F150), you are making life worse for those driving around you and parked next to you,’ they stressed.

‘Don’t let unnecessarily big car vanity culture from the US take over here—just like tipping is trying to.’

Another said that the vehicles were not well-suited for the local environment.

‘These big nonsense American trucks are basically useless in Australian offroad conditions, the wheelbase is made for driving on snow not steep rocky ground,’ they said.

Some Aussies argued that the cars were unnecessary since other brands offer sufficient space.

‘They are as big as a private car needs to be. A (Nissan) Patrol or (Toyota) LandCruiser are huge vehicles, and incredibly capable,’ they wrote.

Some noted how expensive or polluting they were.

‘I once saw an owner of one of these trucks pay for petrol in front of me,’ a comment read.

‘It was $200ish. I nearly choked.’

‘Talk to your member of parliament and ask how a country not designed for them will cope and how they have passed emissions and pedestrian safety standards,’ suggested one user.

‘And why, in an age of moving towards lower emissions, [are we] starting to bring in light trucks to use for dropping the kids off to school?’

But an alleged American challenged the idea that the vehicles were appropriately scaled for the US.

‘American here. Sorry you have to put up with this, but FWIW (for what it's worth), I shake my head when I see the same oversized vehicles here, and I see a lot of them,’ expressed the user.

‘Not all our parking spots and roads can even accommodate them. It is very normal to see one of these huge, lifted monstrosities taking up 2-3 spots before even considering the driver’s skill in parking.’

‘I just can’t find any rational explanation for why they are needed. Hillbilly stuff.’
Key Takeaways

• An owner of a Dodge RAM 1500 sparked controversy by inappropriately parking in disabled parking bays at a Melbourne Chemist Warehouse.
  • The act was heavily criticised online, particularly on Reddit, with many expressing their anger and calling for fines or other actions.
  • Some comments on Reddit also started a discussion on whether American trucks are suitable for the country's roads, given their large size and significant fuel and maintenance costs.
  • There was also debate about whether such vehicles, often used unnecessarily as private cars meet emissions and pedestrian safety standards, with calls for the government to address these issues.
Members, what's your take on this story? How do you think we should address these oversized trucks? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

• Angry
Reactions: Tipsy
Sponsored
It truly is disheartening when basic social courtesies are tossed aside, leaving us with stories like this one.

Recently, Melbourne locals have been seething with anger over a Chemist Warehouse parking debacle that beggars belief.

The perpetrator? An owner of an oversized Dodge RAM 1500, whose audacious parking maneuver horizontally occupied not one, but three designated parking bays for people with disabilities.

Frustration was evident as a local vented on Reddit, sharing a photo of the offensive act with the caption, ‘Seen in Dandenong this morning, no disabled sticker. I'm 50/50 on a fine, clearly mentally [impaired].’

But perhaps taking exception on behalf of differently-abled persons, one commenter bluntly expressed: ‘RAM driver is not mentally [impaired]. It’s because he/she is a massively entitled do****bag.’

View attachment 32541
A RAM 1500 occupied three disability bays outside a Melbourne Chemist Warehouse.

‘I recently got an accessible parking permit, and I am astounded how many people park in disabled spots who don't have a permit. This one is next level though,’ added another.

Some people suggested various retaliatory actions, including damaging the vehicle or reporting the incident to authorities to address the Chemist Warehouse parking issue.

‘We really need to clamp down on these c**** hard. If it's too big to park at the store then it's your fault for f****** using a truck as a car,’ one said.

Drivers can only use an accessible parking spot with a blue and white permit designated for people with disabilities.

American pickup trucks, notably RAM and Chevrolet, have become a popular choice in the Australian vehicle market in the past five years. Toyota and Ford are reportedly set to enter late 2023

The trucks boast a hefty six-figure price tag and substantial fuel and maintenance costs, sparking a debate about their suitability for Australian roads.

According to one user who claimed to have lived in the US, roads there are ‘straighter, lanes are wider, and spots are bigger.’

View attachment 32542
The occurrence took place outside the Dandenong Chemist Warehouse (as shown) on Tuesday. Image source: Google Maps

They also pointed out that Australian roads weren't built to handle larger vehicles like the US.

‘Unless you truly need that (Ford F150), you are making life worse for those driving around you and parked next to you,’ they stressed.

‘Don’t let unnecessarily big car vanity culture from the US take over here—just like tipping is trying to.’

‘These big nonsense American trucks are basically useless in Australian offroad conditions, the wheelbase is made for driving on snow not steep rocky ground,’ they said.

Some Aussies argued that the cars were unnecessary since other brands offer sufficient space.

‘They are as big as a private car needs to be. A (Nissan) Patrol or (Toyota) LandCruiser are huge vehicles, and incredibly capable,’ they wrote.

‘I once saw an owner of one of these trucks pay for petrol in front of me,’ a comment read.

‘Talk to your member of parliament and ask how a country not designed for them will cope and how they have passed emissions and pedestrian safety standards,’ suggested one user.

‘And why, in an age of moving towards lower emissions, [are we] starting to bring in light trucks to use for dropping the kids off to school?’

But an alleged American challenged the idea that the vehicles were appropriately scaled for the US.

‘American here. Sorry you have to put up with this, but FWIW (for what it's worth), I shake my head when I see the same oversized vehicles here, and I see a lot of them,’ expressed the user.

‘Not all our parking spots and roads can even accommodate them. It is very normal to see one of these huge, lifted monstrosities taking up 2-3 spots before even considering the driver’s skill in parking.’

‘I just can’t find any rational explanation for why they are needed. Hillbilly stuff.’
Key Takeaways

• An owner of a Dodge RAM 1500 sparked controversy by inappropriately parking in disabled parking bays at a Melbourne Chemist Warehouse.
  • The act was heavily criticised online, particularly on Reddit, with many expressing their anger and calling for fines or other actions.
  • Some comments on Reddit also started a discussion on whether American trucks are suitable for the country's roads, given their large size and significant fuel and maintenance costs.
  • There was also debate about whether such vehicles, often used unnecessarily as private cars meet emissions and pedestrian safety standards, with calls for the government to address these issues.
Members, what's your take on this story? How do you think we should address these oversized trucks? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
I really

View attachment 32541

View attachment 32542

Key Takeaways

Whilst stuck in traffic a friend saw this on an old ute .

"It's not a RAM but then I don't need to compensate for a small d!ck"
I really find it hard to read some of the comments when the use of 4 letter word like c#%ts as in the story above about the large Ute parked a Chemist Warehouse. Do Seniors really use words like this in every day speech. I am no kill joy but I am a senior and confess I do drop an “F” bomb here and there. But here in this Seniors Group is it necessary. I might add I don’t drop an”F” bomb in every day conversation or in front of grandkids etc but I struggle a bit at times reading comments in this group.

Typical 'stralia. How many users of otherwise dedicated parking space for seniors, disabled take any notice whatsoever of such parking places at supermarkets/shopping centres?. Precious few in my experience. Just let down the tyres of such horrible vehicles. There is absolutely no need for them; none whatsoever.

Reactions: Jennie and saundy
The best way to educate a*****holes like that is to park a vehicle each side of his vehicle so that he can not get out and walk away leave it like that for as long as you can get back out of sight and watch the fun when he can't move his vehicle.

View attachment 32541

View attachment 32542

Key Takeaways

Don't blame the pickup - BLAME the USELESS driver! He/she should have their licence revoked and put back into driving school and their pickup confiscated and auctioned off - then it will teach the IDIOTS and ARROGANT ASSWIPES who think they can park wherever, whenever a lesson!

Why is it that most of these stories seem to come out of Victoria? Are they an entitled state or what? Just saying.

The best way to educate a*****holes like that is to park a vehicle each side of his vehicle so that he can not get out and walk away leave it like that for as long as you can get back out of sight and watch the fun when he can't move his vehicle.
And fine him 3 times for taking up 3 disabled spots.

Reactions: saundy and 52KID
I am wondering if this vehicle was stolen and dumped in front of the pharmacy?

The world gets crazier by the day.
People complaining about petrol costs, but look at how mum's seem to think they require a 4 wheel drive to drop the kids at school or do the shopping.🤷🤦

Reactions: Argie

View attachment 32541

View attachment 32542

Key Takeaways

I see 4 flats

I really

I really find it hard to read some of the comments when the use of 4 letter word like c#%ts as in the story above about the large Ute parked a Chemist Warehouse. Do Seniors really use words like this in every day speech. I am no kill joy but I am a senior and confess I do drop an “F” bomb here and there. But here in this Seniors Group is it necessary. I might add I don’t drop an”F” bomb in every day conversation or in front of grandkids etc but I struggle a bit at times reading comments in this group.
I too find it an absolutely unnecessary use of foul language. Use it at home, if they must, but please be polite when so many of us on this site have to read such language. There is really no need to put such stuff in print for all to read.

Years and years ago, in one of my frustrated moments, I used the word 'bugger' and all three of my children (teenagers then but now 55, 52 and 48) jumped down my throat with "Mum, you used a bad word". Now that they have all left home the odd word does slip out but I never use the 'F' word at home or on anyone. It might go through my head but does not come out of my mouth! Why so many have to use bad/foul language to express themselves is beyond me??

I too find it an absolutely unnecessary use of foul language. Use it at home, if they must, but please be polite when so many of us on this site have to read such language. There is really no need to put such stuff in print for all to read.

Years and years ago, in one of my frustrated moments, I used the word 'bugger' and all three of my children (teenagers then but now 55, 52 and 48) jumped down my throat with "Mum, you used a bad word". Now that they have all left home the odd word does slip out but I never use the 'F' word at home or on anyone. It might go through my head but does not come out of my mouth! Why so many have to use bad/foul language to express themselves is beyond me??
My mother used to say that people who constantly use foul language show their lack of education, taking into account the size of their vocabulary

I really

Lack of language skills - I think they are really unable to form sentences

The world gets crazier by the day.
People complaining about petrol costs, but look at how mum's seem to think they require a 4 wheel drive to drop the kids at school or do the shopping.🤷🤦
Have you considered that this mum may be using her “4 wheel drive to drop the kids at school” as that may be the only vehicle her family owns and it is also used for everything else, including perhaps her husband’s work, or their need to tow a caravan which requires a bigger and more capable vehicle to do those jobs? Don’t assume she could be showing off as your post seems to infer.

We have a Hyundai Santa Fe, diesel, which we bought in order to tow a caravan. It is not huge but is our ONLY CAR; we are both over 75 and as we get older this is a higher vehicle to get in and out of so we will always buy a vehicle with height to enable easy entry and exit, so don’t judge when you most probably don’t know other peoples’ reasons.

Have you considered that this mum may be using her “4 wheel drive to drop the kids at school” as that may be the only vehicle her family owns and it is used for everything else, including perhaps her husband’s work, or their need to tow a caravan which requires a bigger and more capable vehicle to do those jobs? Don’t assume she could be showing off as your post seems to infer.

We I have a Hyundai Santa Fe, diesel, which we bought in order to tow a caravan. It is not huge
Have you considered that this mum may be using her “4 wheel drive to drop the kids at school” as that may be the only vehicle her family owns and it is also used for everything else, including perhaps her husband’s work, or their need to tow a caravan which requires a bigger and more capable vehicle to do those jobs? Don’t assume she could be showing off as your post seems to infer.

We have a Hyundai Santa Fe, diesel, which we bought in order to tow a caravan. It is not huge but is our ONLY CAR; we are both over 75 and as we get older this is a higher vehicle to get in and out of so we will always buy a vehicle with height to enable easy entry and exit, so don’t judge when you most probable don’t know other peoples’ reasons.
Obviously you aren't dropping kids off at school.
Nor was I insinuating that people are showoffs. What is there to show off about having a 4 wheel drive??? have no idea why people want to drive 4 wheel drives in the city, that's not what they were made for.
They are meant mainly for off-road.
There are not many families these days who don't have two cars, you do not need a four wheel drive to take your kids to school or shop.
Most people dropping kids at school do not have access or mobility issues.
I drive a Camry Hybrid, both good on fuel and will easily tow a caravan.
If you're not going off-road then, as in your case, it is a personal choice.
I was just making the point that young people complaining about the cost if living should perhaps make more sensible choices.

Reactions: relljube