Australia Post worker’s shocking act leaves onlookers stunned

In the bustling world we live in today, with the constant influx of online orders to fulfil, it's no secret that delivery drivers have a tough job.

Moreover, with the rise of technology, everything also gets more scrutiny.

This is precisely what happened to an Australia Post delivery driver recently.

In the Sydney suburb of Manly, an Australia Post delivery driver was caught on camera in a moment of frustration that has since sparked a wave of reactions online.

The video posted online showed the driver hurling parcels onto the pavement after struggling to stack them on a trolley outside a retail store.

photo.jpg
A shocking act of an Australia Post delivery driver sparked outrage online. Credit: @7newssyd / Instagram

The incident, which took place in broad daylight, left onlookers stunned as the driver eventually picked up the parcels and placed them back on the trolley.

The video has since gone viral, prompting a response from Australia Post and a flurry of comments from social media users.

Australia Post quickly responded to the incident, with a spokesperson saying that the organisation has 'strict protocols in place' for team members when delivering parcels.

'These actions clearly do not align with the high standards we expect,' the spokesperson said.

'The delivery driver has been identified, and we will conduct a full investigation.'

Watch the video below:

The video has sparked a range of reactions on social media, with some users making light of the situation.

One wrote, 'Don't do that to my prezzies ya dog.’

Another joked, 'That's my Lynx Africa set ruined.'

However, not everyone was quick to condemn the driver.

Some social media users came to his defence, praising his usual service and urging others not to judge him based on this incident.

'This guy's a legend, he delivers to my store, and he's always super helpful. Just because you're seeing this video, don't jump on the bandwagon to slam him,' one user wrote.

Another described him as the 'best delivery bloke there is', adding, 'I see him daily at my store and he's always so nice.'

Posties being caught mishandling packages is not a new issue for the postal service.

In a previous story, footage was posted online showing multiple Australia Post workers aggressively tossing parcels into a delivery van.

The video garnered thousands of views on social media, with one urging the person to ‘send it to the news’. Read more about the story here.
Key Takeaways
  • An Australia Post delivery driver has been filmed throwing parcels in a busy Sydney shopping strip in frustration.
  • The incident, which happened outside a retail store in Manly, stunned onlookers.
  • An Australia Post spokesman said they have 'strict protocols in place' for delivering parcels and will conduct a full investigation.
  • Reactions on social media varied, with some making light of the situation while others defended the driver's actions.
What are your thoughts on this incident? Have you had any experiences with parcel delivery that you'd like to share? Let us know in the comments below.

• Sad
Reactions: Fingon and BJM
Sponsored
Obviously that trolley is not suitable for this task. Aussie Post workers are under the pump all year to deliver parcels. Besides, if items are packaged correctly, they must withstand a drop from 1 metre, as an industry standard. Just give them a break as everyone gets frustrated at their jobs from time to time.

Australia Post has a track record of not looking after staff. There are many mental health issues, from the way they treat their employees.. Don't be quick to judge, hopefully a thorough and honest investigation is conducted. (Side note, most industry has staff shortages at the moment and many pressures).

In the bustling world we live in today, with the constant influx of online orders to fulfil, it's no secret that delivery drivers have a tough job.

In the Sydney suburb of Manly, an Australia Post delivery driver was caught on camera in a moment of frustration that has since sparked a wave of reactions online.

The video posted online showed the driver hurling parcels onto the pavement after struggling to stack them on a trolley outside a retail store.

View attachment 37467
A shocking act of an Australia Post delivery driver sparked outrage online. Credit: @7newssyd / Instagram

The incident, which took place in broad daylight, left onlookers stunned as the driver eventually picked up the parcels and placed them back on the trolley.

The video has since gone viral, prompting a response from Australia Post and a flurry of comments from social media users.

Australia Post quickly responded to the incident, with a spokesperson saying that the organisation has 'strict protocols in place' for team members when delivering parcels.

'These actions clearly do not align with the high standards we expect,' the spokesperson said.

'The delivery driver has been identified, and we will conduct a full investigation.'

Watch the video below:

The video has sparked a range of reactions on social media, with some users making light of the situation.

Some social media users came to his defence, praising his usual service and urging others not to judge him based on this incident.

'This guy's a legend, he delivers to my store, and he's always super helpful. Just because you're seeing this video, don't jump on the bandwagon to slam him,' one user wrote.

Another described him as the 'best delivery bloke there is', adding, 'I see him daily at my store and he's always so nice.'

Posties being caught mishandling packages is not a new issue for the postal service.

In a previous story, footage was posted online showing multiple Australia Post workers aggressively tossing parcels into a delivery van.

The video garnered thousands of views on social media, with one urging the person to ‘send it to the news’. Read more about the story here.
Key Takeaways

• An Australia Post delivery driver has been filmed throwing parcels in a busy Sydney shopping strip in frustration.
  • The incident, which happened outside a retail store in Manly, stunned onlookers.
  • An Australia Post spokesman said they have 'strict protocols in place' for delivering parcels and will conduct a full investigation.
  • Reactions on social media varied, with some making light of the situation while others defended the driver's actions.
What are your thoughts on this incident? Have you had any experiences with parcel delivery that you'd like to share? Let us know in the comments below.

Have people got nothing better to do than slam delivery people- maybe get a life 😡😡

Reactions: Loubeauxarts
What's this, a postie 'going postal'? Be thankful for our gun laws, or he might go the whole way.

But seriously, no company is going to let their employees act like that in public.

Hopefully the parcels were all not-fragile, but the reputation of the business certainly is.

Perhaps he could have made two trips instead of trying to fit all the boxes into one trip. Would have been quicker than chucking boxes and then having to retrieve them.

Reactions: maherdj

View attachment 37467

Watch the video below:

Key Takeaways

Australia Post charges a premium on deliveries so we have an expectation that our parcels are handled properly! So that employee must be suitably punished.

Obviously that trolley is not suitable for this task. Aussie Post workers are under the pump all year to deliver parcels. Besides, if items are packaged correctly, they must withstand a drop from 1 metre, as an industry standard. Just give them a break as everyone gets frustrated at their jobs from time to time.
Would you accept a parcel that has been damaged in transit? Me thinks NO.

Reactions: maherdj