You can use a substitute like Greek yoghurt or banana these are my preferences As I very rarely use eggs in cakes or slices you don’t have to. Look online there are other substitutes also.😋

Reactions: Bullwinkle
I am now 71 and as far back as I can remember whenever my mother baked a cake she always gave me the bowl and a spoon so I could eat the remaining batter (that always had raw egg in the mixture) we are talking mid '50's to early '70's. So what has gone wrong since? I am still here, I think, or maybe I am a pigment of my own distorted imagination!

I am now 71 and as far back as I can remember whenever my mother baked a cake she always gave me the bowl and a spoon so I could eat the remaining batter (that always had raw egg in the mixture) we are talking mid '50's to early '70's. So what has gone wrong since? I am still here, I think, or maybe I am a pigment of my own distorted imagination!
Is that 'a pigment' or possibly ' a figment'? Just asking though we know what is meant.

Reactions: Littleboy8
Is that 'a pigment' or possibly ' a figment'? Just asking though we know what is meant.
Over the years I have got into the habit of saying/using pigment instead of figment, I should have used figment.
Having said that I find distorted imagination and pigment go together well, got it from the 70's era when there was a lot of "LSD" type cartoons doing the rounds.

I was in hospital after a big operation on my jaw. In intensive care they wanted me to drink an egg flip for the protein, before I could go to a ward. We used to have egg flips all the time when I was a kid. Yes, I licked the cake bowl as well.

Last edited: