Are you a Coles Flybuys member? You could be getting a $100 gift card in the mail right now!

If you're a loyal Coles shopper, you may have been pleasantly surprised to find a gift in your mailbox recently.

The supermarket giant has been sending out vouchers to select Flybuys members as a way of saying thanks for their continued business.

“We aim to provide the best value for our customers every day,” Coles chief marketing officer Lisa Ronson said, announcing the company's newest offering.

“We are saying thank you to our loyal Flybuys members for their continuous support to our team, our suppliers and community partners over the years.”

JY9pVEt4LY6J8s8benbGH-v1lWZa64_DeewrLzEN7DMY8EtkAfK1ggXZBRmZw7hfiX5yIGtrh8x9XuNOWkKNj9DZL9TGDAZZYoXGJYW71JRBjJPnwBkO_eXNdCIGMr2LjswxeVFKLAUIeZnDj8-0AvY

Coles announced the rollout of gift cards to thousands of Flybuys members as a “thank you” gift for their support to the retailer. Credit: Facebook/Mark Down Addicts Australia.

While some customers have been thrilled to receive the unexpected windfall, others have been left feeling disappointed and left out.

So what's the story behind the Coles vouchers? And who's eligible to receive them?

According to Coles, the vouchers are being sent to randomly selected Flybuys members who have shopped with the supermarket frequently over the past two years.

As for the value of the vouchers, Flybuys members may receive either of the following promos:

• A $100 Coles supermarket gift card sent in the post to spend in store;
  • 10,000 Flybuys bonus points - the equivalent of $50 Flybuys dollars - sent via email and activated when the Flybuys card is scanned in store; or
  • For 10 customers, a one million Flybuys bonus points surprise - the equivalent of $5,000 Flybuys dollars - at the checkout.

Shoppers who have received the vouchers have taken to social media to share the personalised letters from Coles.

"Wow, I got this in the post today! Anyone else get one?” one lucky shopper asked, sharing a photo of the note.

Another wrote: “Thank you, Coles, this just made my day.”

A third chimed in: “I got a 10,000 point bonus the other week, which was awesome, the email was worded exactly as that letter.”

KcV0cRbkB6LQ_t-C6vzwOxqvqxiBl98eDz0EwS3_c-ldjpPyPQYVRicw1oN9AKPNmytECGjJmm4L0VP-KX5POKUxwO3Ve2Zc0w7h2M6n898Sq0LmPZwHLw59bxqrbCIoJnqYSt4Lrer0osyiV2JLBiI

Lucky shoppers have taken to social media to share that they have received their gift cards from the retailer. Credit: Facebook.

The move has been praised by many, who said it will help them out during a tough year.

One user said: "Wow! This would really help me out. Congrats to all who get one."

"My sister got one today, she is on disability pension," another shared, expressing her gratitude to the retailer.

Others said that they regret not updating their addresses from their Flybuys accounts, claiming that they might have received the vouchers but they were sent to the wrong addresses.

One disappointed shopper said: "Man I probably got one but I just checked my address and it’s still registered at my old address. So have fun shopping to the new owners of the house."

"I'm a flybys member and never received one or got points. Then I checked my address and it's a b***** NSW address I haven't been at for over 2 years!" another exclaimed.

"Hopefully the new owner just sends it back to flybys for me."

Some users, however, have criticised the move, saying that Coles could have used the money to keep grocery prices lower for all customers.

One person argued: "As much as this is a lovely idea and I’d be excited to get one, I personally think all the $ they spent on this could have instead been used to keep grocery prices a little lower for all."

"Even if they gave out say 10,000 vouchers - so $1 million worth - that impact on day to day grocery prices wouldn't even save every customer one cent," another added.

The retailer was also accused of favouritism, with some former employees claiming that they never received any incentives from the company during and after their employment, even if it's just in the form of a shopping voucher.

One user, who claimed to be a former employee, wrote: "Worked there on and off 25 years, shop there at least 2 times a week. And I didn’t get a $100 gift voucher."

The exact criteria for selection are unclear, but it is understood that Coles' "most engaged" customers are being rewarded.

Did you receive a gift card from Coles in your mail at all this week? Better yet, do you think other supermarkets should implement the same initiative? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
I haven't shopped at Coles for over 4 years now as I moved and don't have a local Coles any more so I'm not bothering to check my mail!:);):rolleyes::rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've been a Fly buys member from when they started. I did not get a Voucher. Now we are older and moved I don't shop as much as before so I won't get one now.

maybe it's a disguised apology.
Read the fly buys reviews hundreds of 1 star, and only because there is no zero rating.
It seems as though you cannot redeem your measly $10.00 from a $2000.00 spend at the checkout, you must first ring fly buys, wait 20 + minutes to be answered and then your points are added from there to your card, making the process long and drawn out.
Absolutely pathetic since the process was changed some months ago.

PS Fly buys will not explain this new rewards process

maybe it's a disguised apology.
Read the fly buys reviews hundreds of 1 star, and only because there is no zero rating.
It seems as though you cannot redeem your measly $10.00 from a $2000.00 spend at the checkout, you must first ring fly buys, wait 20 + minutes to be answered and then your points are added from there to your card, making the process long and drawn out.
Absolutely pathetic since the process was changed some months ago.

PS Fly buys will not explain this new rewards process
Strange! I always get asked (by the checkout person or on the screen at self check out) if I want to re deem my $10.... I set it up in my profile ages ago, but have to trust my family "other card holders" not to use it 😉

If you're a loyal Coles shopper, you may have been pleasantly surprised to find a gift in your mailbox recently.

The supermarket giant has been sending out vouchers to select Flybuys members as a way of saying thanks for their continued business.

“We aim to provide the best value for our customers every day,” Coles chief marketing officer Lisa Ronson said, announcing the company's newest offering.

“We are saying thank you to our loyal Flybuys members for their continuous support to our team, our suppliers and community partners over the years.”

JY9pVEt4LY6J8s8benbGH-v1lWZa64_DeewrLzEN7DMY8EtkAfK1ggXZBRmZw7hfiX5yIGtrh8x9XuNOWkKNj9DZL9TGDAZZYoXGJYW71JRBjJPnwBkO_eXNdCIGMr2LjswxeVFKLAUIeZnDj8-0AvY

Coles announced the rollout of gift cards to thousands of Flybuys members as a “thank you” gift for their support to the retailer. Credit: Facebook/Mark Down Addicts Australia.

While some customers have been thrilled to receive the unexpected windfall, others have been left feeling disappointed and left out.

So what's the story behind the Coles vouchers? And who's eligible to receive them?

According to Coles, the vouchers are being sent to randomly selected Flybuys members who have shopped with the supermarket frequently over the past two years.

As for the value of the vouchers, Flybuys members may receive either of the following promos:

• A $100 Coles supermarket gift card sent in the post to spend in store;
  • 10,000 Flybuys bonus points - the equivalent of $50 Flybuys dollars - sent via email and activated when the Flybuys card is scanned in store; or
  • For 10 customers, a one million Flybuys bonus points surprise - the equivalent of $5,000 Flybuys dollars - at the checkout.

Shoppers who have received the vouchers have taken to social media to share the personalised letters from Coles.

"Wow, I got this in the post today! Anyone else get one?” one lucky shopper asked, sharing a photo of the note.

Another wrote: “Thank you, Coles, this just made my day.”

A third chimed in: “I got a 10,000 point bonus the other week, which was awesome, the email was worded exactly as that letter.”

KcV0cRbkB6LQ_t-C6vzwOxqvqxiBl98eDz0EwS3_c-ldjpPyPQYVRicw1oN9AKPNmytECGjJmm4L0VP-KX5POKUxwO3Ve2Zc0w7h2M6n898Sq0LmPZwHLw59bxqrbCIoJnqYSt4Lrer0osyiV2JLBiI

Lucky shoppers have taken to social media to share that they have received their gift cards from the retailer. Credit: Facebook.

The move has been praised by many, who said it will help them out during a tough year.

One user said: "Wow! This would really help me out. Congrats to all who get one."

"My sister got one today, she is on disability pension," another shared, expressing her gratitude to the retailer.

Others said that they regret not updating their addresses from their Flybuys accounts, claiming that they might have received the vouchers but they were sent to the wrong addresses.

One disappointed shopper said: "Man I probably got one but I just checked my address and it’s still registered at my old address. So have fun shopping to the new owners of the house."

"I'm a flybys member and never received one or got points. Then I checked my address and it's a b***** NSW address I haven't been at for over 2 years!" another exclaimed.

"Hopefully the new owner just sends it back to flybys for me."

Some users, however, have criticised the move, saying that Coles could have used the money to keep grocery prices lower for all customers.

One person argued: "As much as this is a lovely idea and I’d be excited to get one, I personally think all the $ they spent on this could have instead been used to keep grocery prices a little lower for all."

"Even if they gave out say 10,000 vouchers - so $1 million worth - that impact on day to day grocery prices wouldn't even save every customer one cent," another added.

The retailer was also accused of favouritism, with some former employees claiming that they never received any incentives from the company during and after their employment, even if it's just in the form of a shopping voucher.

One user, who claimed to be a former employee, wrote: "Worked there on and off 25 years, shop there at least 2 times a week. And I didn’t get a $100 gift voucher."

The exact criteria for selection are unclear, but it is understood that Coles' "most engaged" customers are being rewarded.

Did you receive a gift card from Coles in your mail at all this week? Better yet, do you think other supermarkets should implement the same initiative? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Iv been a flybuys Queen for over 30+ years, Never miss swiping my card, & am delighted now Bunnings has got on board!
No havnt received any surprise’s in the mail, but think it’s a fantastic idea, really make someone’s day, especially with the ever growing prices, Cindy Newton

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci
I love Flybuys, shop at Coles regularly - at least twice a week or more and use my Flybuys points to purchase approximately $50 worth of groceries at Coles every month! Oh, I also complete the surveys to get some extra free points for my time. I would not be without it!

Reactions: Ricci
I ve been a Flybuys member ever since I came to Australia in 1995! I used the points for years to get all my Xmas gifts from 5he reward shop, but for years now I don t touch them for a whole year, then book a flight to Europe through Fly buys travel! prices are usually cheaper than directly from the aurline, plus I get lots of new points starting me on my next ticket already!

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci