3-ingredient fruit squares so easy

IMG_20181207_151222-e1544654756334-530x530.jpeg.jpg
Recipe and image source: The Gardening Foodie

These 3 ingredient condensed milk fruit squares are so delicious and so easy to make. Made with just 3 ingredient, these chewy, fruity little squares make a great snack.

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 ½ cups dried fruit mix see note 1

• one 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk

• 1 ¼ cup self raising flour see note 2

INSTRUCTIONS:

• Grease and line an 8 x 12 inch / 20 x 30 cm pan with baking paper SEE NOTE 3

• Using a spoon, combine and mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.

• Empty out the mixture into the greased and lined pan.

• Spread out and level the mixture as evenly as possible.

• Bake at 356°F / 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes. It should form a light golden crust and base when baked. Cut into squares and dust with icing / powdered sugar if preferred.

NOTES

• Dried fruit mix is usually found in the baking aisle of your grocery store, near the raisins, dates, or dried fruit. If you are unable to find or get dried fruit mix, then just use a combination of raisins, cranberries, cherries, currants. The ratio of each is not really important, just make sure that when combined it should be 1 ½ cups. Or you could just use plain raisins and grate in a bit of lemon or orange zest.

• If you do not have self-raising flour then add 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder to the 1 ¼ cup plain/ all-purpose/cake flour.

• It is best that you line your baking tin with baking/parchment paper, this will help to remove the baked fruit squares effortlessly and make cutting into portions much easier.

NUTRITION

Serving: 1squareCalories: 713kcalCarbohydrates: 152gProtein: 21gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 9mgPotassium: 564mgFiber: 10gSugar: 29gCalcium: 121mgIron: 3mg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
3 ingredient Condensed Milk Fruit Squares

These 3 ingredient condensed milk fruit squares are so delicious and so easy to make. Made with just 3 ingredient, these chewy, fruity little squares make a great snack.

INGREDIENTS

INSTRUCTIONS

• Bake at 356°F / 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes. It should form a light golden crust and base when baked. Cut into squares and dust with icing / powdered sugar if preferred.

NOTES

• Dried fruit mix is usually found in the baking aisle of your grocery store, near the raisins, dates, or dried fruit. If you are unable to find or get dried fruit mix, then just use a combination of raisins, cranberries, cherries, currants. The ratio of each is not really important, just make sure that when combined it should be 1 ½ cups. Or you could just use plain raisins and grate in a bit of lemon or orange zest.

• If you do not have self-raising flour then add 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder to the 1 ¼ cup plain/ all-purpose/cake flour.

• It is best that you line your baking tin with baking/parchment paper, this will help to remove the baked fruit squares effortlessly and make cutting into portions much easier.

NUTRITION

Serving: 1squareCalories: 713kcalCarbohydrates: 152gProtein: 21gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 9mgPotassium: 564mgFiber: 10gSugar: 29gCalcium: 121mgIron: 3mg

View attachment 30615
Afternoon tea anyone

Think this will be in high rotation, for when I need to supply a slice….quick, easy and no doubt tasty 😋

Reactions: Babybird
Sounds great for my sweet tooth husband. I’ll make some for Christmas with our family as it’s my turn to host and provide the food this year. It looks and sounds like a very quick and easy recipe (might even give the job to my daughter or granddaughter to prepare for all of us). Thanks for the recipe.

This sounds lovely & I will try it soon. Another idea is to line a greased baking dish with sliced bananas, top with condensed milk, sprinkle with cinnamon, and bake at 180 deg. for 45 min. Then allow to cool, and top with heavy cream mixed with sugar and chill for min. of 2 hours. Delicious.

View attachment 30615

INGREDIENTS:

INSTRUCTIONS:

NOTES

NUTRITION

Just the kind of sweet I'd like to make, because I'm normally a useless cook. Thank you very much. X

Sounds great for my sweet tooth husband. I’ll make some for Christmas with our family as it’s my turn to host and provide the food this year. It looks and sounds like a very quick and easy recipe (might even give the job to my daughter or granddaughter to prepare for all of us). Thanks for the recipe.
Hope they like it it's not too sweet just right

This sounds lovely & I will try it soon. Another idea is to line a greased baking dish with sliced bananas, top with condensed milk, sprinkle with cinnamon, and bake at 180 deg. for 45 min. Then allow to cool, and top with heavy cream mixed with sugar and chill for min. of 2 hours. Delicious.
Love that tried it yummy

View attachment 30615

INGREDIENTS:

INSTRUCTIONS:

NOTES

NUTRITION

That’s the recipe I was looking for but I couldn’t find it. Now I can finish off that box of mixed fruit.whoohoo😋😋

Did u make salad as a side
No I made the fruit slice one and it’s absolutely delicious😋 I’ve got the eggy one in the oven now. I’ll make a salad for that.😋boy I’ve been a busy 🐝. The days flown I’ll sleep 💤 well tonight. I left all the doors open so the smells wafted out so the neighbours will be jealous. Hahaha suckers😹