$13 “miracle” buy from Bunnings makes shower screens look brand new

We have to admit: the shower is one of our least favourite places to clean in the house. It’s tough to get it sparkling clean, scum seems to appear everywhere, and when scrubbing hard, it's just a big and cumbersome space.

Luckily, we came across this post about one woman who is raving about a “miracle” product from Bunnings that she used to clean her shower screens.

But is it really the “best thing ever” out there when it comes to cleaning bathroom glass doors? Keep on reading to find out!

GoXQeNAOGF14_3jfypJcrHQGA4lvKmuU91-Nj4pS25t0xY9BqgIZ59-q3WHzXERZV2FaakGMQEBsEwgkFdNKBUMGlciO51Io0tYt95q-W18bBkKu-LWaelZ_v6ImTFKk2qK6aaer

One woman shared a ‘miracle’ product from Bunnings for cleaning shower glass. Credit: Facebook.

On a popular Facebook cleaning page, one woman shared a half-cleaned photo of her shower screen to show everyone the cleaning power of her recent Bunnings buy – the Simple Green Shower Glass Restorer.

Her caption reads: “Do yourself a favour and get to Bunnings for a bottle of this!!!”

A 600g bottle of Simple Green Shower Glass Restorer is available at Bunnings for $13.83. It works as a natural (non-toxic and biodegradable) abrasive paste to remove hard water stains on shower glass surfaces, but it can be used on the sink, bathtub, toilet bowl, and bathroom tiles, as well.

“Seriously, it does not look like I have glass there now that the whole shower screen is done,” the woman added.

Her post gained a ton of attention from the group and fellow fans of the Bunnings cleaner were quick to add their insights on the product.

One person wrote: “I second, third & fourth this!! It’s brilliant!!”

Another added: “The best thing! I got this too and it works amazing!”

A third person wrote “I’ve used this too and it’s great” and suggested using the cleaner on dry shower glass, paired with a dry microfiber cloth. “Let the liquid dry and then buff it off with a different microfibre cloth, small sections at a time,” they added.

One mum even shared that she couldn’t believe the cleaning product made her 18-year-old shower screen look “brand new” again!

And even though there are some people who said the shower cleaner did not work for them, there are still others who are keen on trying the product.

“I’m trying not to get my hopes up but SO thankful to have something new to try,” said one shopper.

If you’re on the lookout for more bathroom glass cleaners, we suggest looking at this amazing shower glass cleaner which has been described by several people as “the bomb” for making their bathroom glass look sparkling new!

What do you use to clean your shower screens? Share your tips with us in the comments below!

Sponsored

We have to admit: the shower is one of our least favourite places to clean in the house. It’s tough to get it sparkling clean, scum seems to appear everywhere, and when scrubbing hard, it's just a big and cumbersome space.

Luckily, we came across this post about one woman who is raving about a “miracle” product from Bunnings that she used to clean her shower screens.

But is it really the “best thing ever” out there when it comes to cleaning bathroom glass doors? Keep on reading to find out!

GoXQeNAOGF14_3jfypJcrHQGA4lvKmuU91-Nj4pS25t0xY9BqgIZ59-q3WHzXERZV2FaakGMQEBsEwgkFdNKBUMGlciO51Io0tYt95q-W18bBkKu-LWaelZ_v6ImTFKk2qK6aaer

One woman shared a ‘miracle’ product from Bunnings for cleaning shower glass. Credit: Facebook.

On a popular Facebook cleaning page, one woman shared a half-cleaned photo of her shower screen to show everyone the cleaning power of her recent Bunnings buy – the Simple Green Shower Glass Restorer.

Her caption reads: “Do yourself a favour and get to Bunnings for a bottle of this!!!”

A 600g bottle of Simple Green Shower Glass Restorer is available at Bunnings for $13.83. It works as a natural (non-toxic and biodegradable) abrasive paste to remove hard water stains on shower glass surfaces, but it can be used on the sink, bathtub, toilet bowl, and bathroom tiles, as well.

“Seriously, it does not look like I have glass there now that the whole shower screen is done,” the woman added.

Her post gained a ton of attention from the group and fellow fans of the Bunnings cleaner were quick to add their insights on the product.

A third person wrote “I’ve used this too and it’s great” and suggested using the cleaner on dry shower glass, paired with a dry microfiber cloth. “Let the liquid dry and then buff it off with a different microfibre cloth, small sections at a time,” they added.

One mum even shared that she couldn’t believe the cleaning product made her 18-year-old shower screen look “brand new” again!

And even though there are some people who said the shower cleaner did not work for them, there are still others who are keen on trying the product.

“I’m trying not to get my hopes up but SO thankful to have something new to try,” said one shopper.

If you’re on the lookout for more bathroom glass cleaners, we suggest looking at this amazing shower glass cleaner which has been described by several people as “the bomb” for making their bathroom glass look sparkling new!

What do you use to clean your shower screens? Share your tips with us in the comments below!

I use a glass cleaner which leaves no streaks or smudges and I am happy with it. May try the product from Bunnings when I finish the current product I am using.

I use Windex Shower. I spray it on the wet screen and tiles after hosing soap off with the shower and let it dry. It stays clean

• Love
Reactions: gollywog
I use Windex Shower. I spray it on the wet screen and tiles after hosing soap off with the shower and let it dry. It stays clean
I'm with you Mars, I have used Windex Shower for the last 20 years and I swear by it!! I hose off the soap from shower screen and tiles, spray with Windex Shower on glass, wall tiles and floor tiles, let it sit whilst drying myself, then I wipe the whole shower cubicle and floor with a shammy, I do this daily, takes less than 5 minutes, so I never have to spend hours stripping the scum and moulld from my shower cubicle!!!!!
Also the secret to a 'mould free' shower cubicle is 'dryness', mould cannot grow without moisture!!!

Reactions: Merv.
I use a rubber squeegee to wipe all the water off the shower glass each time I shower. I have no problems with water marks but I use Windex when I clean the shower glass

Funny story, I went to Bunnings on the day this was written up and couldn’t find it on the shelf. So asked a staff member if I was looking in the wrong place and she said no and took me straight to where it should have been. Looked at the shelf, looked at me then checked her computer and said there were 6 bottles there this morning and that a lady before me had asked the same question and she must have bought all of them. Had a laugh with the staff member and told her why it had probably happened.

• Haha
Reactions: Ashy
I also use a rubber squeegee to wipe down my shower glass (and tiles) almost every time I have a shower. It keeps the shower spotless. Since I have recently moved into a new apartment I will try this product to take off any residue left by the previous owner.

Definitely give it a try 🌹

I used Enduro Shield On my water stained shower screens and they came up like new. After each shower I squigee then wipe any drops etc with a microfibre cloth. Highly recommend this product.