“I can’t believe it!”: Food blogger REVEALS hack to squeeze lemons without cutting them open

“I can’t believe it!”: Food blogger REVEALS hack to squeeze lemons without cutting them open
Are you someone who struggles with juicing a lemon without a squeezer?

Honestly, I am guilty of this and that's why as much as possible, I try to avoid recipes that require freshly-squeezed lemon juice.

If you are like me and are looking for a quick fix to juice a lemon, then you might want to read on to see this lemon-juicing hack shared by a food blogger.

Adelaide blogger Leah Itsines took to Tik Tok to share a simple method for juicing a lemon without cutting it open.

Credit: Tik Tok/ Leah Itsines

The mum-to-be explained that you only need a skewer to pierce a tiny hole in the non-stem end of the fruit.

Instead of slicing the lemon into halves or quarters, Leah was able to effortlessly squeeze the juice out through the piercing she made.

4cW3t5gYlwRgbiK2OxRBjBYh6YBi1pedq-EnSoaiEuIrmdHVq-irAzrR06O6O6OoWlpC97VBb80dQB10jwUwdjYpyr5pGWWCxl1uZ8cBhyvhHzmGR7YPQR6l_T4psnbpKK5vVtI

The Adelaide blogger explained that you just need to pierce the non-stem part of a lemon before squeezing it to juice the fruit out without cutting it open. Credit: Tik Tok/ Leah Itsines

Leah said in the video: “The lemon hack you never knew you needed."

“I have a tip that I saw online and I really want to show you. So I have a lemon and a skewer."

“So we’re going to put the skewer in this bit of the lemon - so not the side where it comes off the tree, the other bit. Poke the skewer in there, make a little hole.”

The food blogger confessed that she was sceptical that the trick would work because she has failed to juice lemons after trying a lot of methods she found online.

j41MHcgkn-yUerWypAu9rU-17a6wOxQZ0ffVxFBw3LlXY-4WXj3jk2KDRS2UFe3Q183NV2BOtYOsi_xUy08XVJANh8qURHS2CO0vlRmjbpwhPQxNPlb_QAk2XJQspT4iogv7h-M

Leah admitted that she was sceptical if the trick would work because she tried several lemon-juicing hacks online to no avail. Credit: Tik Tok/ Leah Itsines

“I don’t know if this will work but let’s see,” she said.

After doing the trick, the juice immediately ran out of the lemon upon squeezing, leaving Leah astounded.

“That is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Oh my god, that is a revolutionary. No mess, no nothing,” she said.

She then continued squeezing the juice out of the lemon with her two hands wrapped around the citrus fruit.

“No way. It’s still going,” she said.

“I can’t believe it. Nothing on the internet ever works and this is amazing. It feels like I have water in here.”

Do you know of any other lemon squeezing tricks? Share it with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC (myself included) can use them too!

Sponsored
You can also roll it on the counter with some pressure from your hands before squeezing

Reactions: Julie1 and Liz
As Xe said above...the best trick is to roll it around on the counter and it breaks down the membranes inside the lemon and once you have done that go ahead and use the skewer trick...you will get even more juice out without any effort.

Works for oranges and limes too.
Zapping it in microwave for 15 seconds softens it so the juice flows more readily.
agree with previous comments, firstly roll on your bench to break up the fibres inside, then warm up in the microwave and then use the skewer